Diplomatic Go šŸ—” The Second Game

I almost forgot today. Cause Iā€™m bad at remembering that kinda stuff.

1 Like

Well good work on remembering so far :blush: Maybe you could set a daily reminder on your phone an hour before the deadline?

4 Likes

@Vsotvep Have all inter-player communications been established yet?

Oh, wait, I guess you canā€™t say. I immediately forgot again that we donā€™t have to add you to chatsā€¦

forgetful bugcat forgets things .__.

2 Likes

You mean between me and the players? Iā€™m getting moves from everyone, obviously, and kibitz logs from you, Haze, Martin and yebellz (more is always welcome, itā€™s fun reading!), but other than that I donā€™t know.

Additionally, even if I knew, I wouldnā€™t say which private communications are happening, as the fact that players are communicating has an effect on the game.

6 Likes

I firmly believe that not all of the 255 possible communication threads have been started yet :wink:

7 Likes

I will say that I did indeed start a private message thread with just myself, for the purposes of taking notes and linking to other threads.

4 Likes

I canā€™t believe everyone on the right side did the same knight move.

3 Likes

End of Round 3

Round 3 ended with everybody succeeding in playing their first choice.

Round 4

Round 4 starts with the following position.

Editable demo board

Please submit your next moves before 2020-10-11T20:00:00Z

7 Likes

13x13 was the right choice ā€“ I thought itā€™d be crowded, but I failed to see that the crowding is what makes it fun.

5 Likes

@Vsotvep Could you make another post in our private thread, please? Iā€™ve lost it in my history.

1 Like

You must have a lot of pms. I almost accidentally subbed moves on my old pm.

You can find your entire message box by visiting this link

https://forums.online-go.com/u/bugcat/messages

Note to all that itā€™s possible to bookmark private message threads as well. Also, if you keep a private scratch space in a private message to yourself, you can save links to all of the threads (including private message threads) that you wish to keep track of.

4 Likes

End of Round 4

The first moves of image@martin3141 and image@bugcat collided on D4 and both succeeded in playing their second move. All other players played their first move.

Round 5

Round 5 starts with the following position.

Editable demo board

Please submit your next moves before 2020-10-12T20:00:00Z

7 Likes

First collision! I was surprised that we have managed three rounds without colliding (good cooperation everybody!) and was wondering when it would happen for the first time.

2 Likes

Are we to take it that B5 is a joint attack with martin, @PiggyStardust?

I didnā€™t know you were going to play there. What kind of attack would that be?

From this I assumed you were more of a flatterer than you now appear to beā€¦

@bugcat, I offered you a compromise in Round 3, namely that we both connect our stones and make peace. You declined and played C3, which I take as a declaration of war. While I support the peaceful cooperation promoted by The Sky and friends, I did also write in my introductory post

I intend to keep my word and do my best to defend against this invasion.

1 Like

I offered you a compromise

And I made you a counter-proposal, after which you walked away from negotiations, may I remind you.

1 Like

The counter-proposal where you capture my stone doesnā€™t seem very fair to me.

1 Like

Couldnā€™t help but compute how likely this is. Turns out that 4 rounds is exactly what we should expect if everyone plays randomly (and assuming captured stones remain on the board, for simplicity):

The chance that there are no collisions in a round when there are N empty intersections and K people is N! / (N^K Ā· (N-K)!).
For round 1 thatā€™s equal to 169/169 Ā· 168/169 Ā· ā€¦ Ā· 162/169 ā‰ˆ 84.5%.
In round 2 weā€™re having 161/161 Ā· 160/161 Ā· ā€¦ Ā· 164/169 ā‰ˆ 83.8%
Round 3 has ā‰ˆ 83.0%
Round 4 has ā‰ˆ 82.2%

So the chance that rounds 1 to 3 have no collisions is 84.5% Ā· 83.8% Ā· 83.0% ā‰ˆ 58.8%, and that rounds 1 to 4 have no collisions is 84.5% Ā· 83.8% Ā· 83.0% Ā· 82.2% ā‰ˆ 48.3%.

7 Likes