Diplomatic Go 🗡 The Second Game

Whatever deal they may have, I would say it has enabled both of them to achieve very promising positions so far.

3 Likes

Thanks Sanonius and sorry about that, but together with your lands you also inherited war, and according to our policy ancient deeds cannot be redeemed by fresh statements.

We’re still getting to know each other.

6 Likes

In the absence of a move submission from @Sanonius, Round 8 will be extended 24 hours.

The new deadline is 2020-10-19T20:00:00Z.

5 Likes

I discovered that in my summary of the rules I stated you need N/2 - 3 stones at the start of round N, while the actual rules stated you need x/2 - 3 stones after x rounds (i.e. x opportunities to place a stone). These two are different, since at the start of round N there have been N-1 opportunities to place a stone.

I have therefore decided to change the summary and keep the formulation in the actual rules. This means, as discussed above, that players need 1 stone or more at the end of rounds 7 and 8 / at the start of rounds 8 and 9; players need 2 stones or more at the end of rounds 9 and 10 / at the start of rounds 10 and 11, and so on.

Sorry for the confusion!

End of Round 8

image @le_4TC and image @Gia submitted the exact same three moves in the same order, and thus collided with each other on all of their moves and failed to place a stone this round. All other players succeeded in playing their first choice.

Any player with no stones on the board is eliminated at the start of Round 9.
Since all players enter round 9 with stones on the board, nobody is eliminated.

Player 1st
move
2nd
move
3rd
move
image @le_4TC N8 N9 N7
image @PiggyStardust C5
image @martin3141 C3
image @Gia N8 N9 N7
image @Sanonius H2
image @Haze_with_a_Z M5
image @yebellz H3
image @Maharani J4

Round 9

In order not to be eliminated at the start of next round, a player needs 2 or more stones on the board.

Round 9 starts with the following position.

Editable demo board

Please submit your next moves before 2020-10-20T20:00:00Z

Current number of stones per player:

9 Likes

Welp, that was unfortunate :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

5 Likes

4 Likes

Fascinating, the Maharani and Bellz totally went for that shared eye.

End of Round 9

image@Haze_with_a_Z placed their first stone at an already existing stone and has instead played their second choice. All others have succeeded in playing their first choice.
image@Gia’s group at M10 is the only group without liberties, and thus is removed from the board.

Any player with 1 stone or less on the board is eliminated at the start of Round 10.
Since all players enter round 10 with at least 2 stones, nobody is eliminated.

Player 1st
move
2nd
move
3rd
move
image @le_4TC N9
image @PiggyStardust D4
image @martin3141 D3
image @Gia J9
image @Sanonius J2
image @Haze_with_a_Z K6 N4
image @yebellz G3
image @Maharani K4

Round 10

In order not to be eliminated at the start of next round, a player needs 2 or more stones on the board.

Round 10 starts with the following position.

Editable demo board

Please submit your next moves before 2020-10-21T20:00:00Z

7 Likes

Is the time correct? It shows today.

2 Likes

No it doesn’t. Definitely not.

2 Likes

I have learned something about myself this game:

1.) I am not very sociable and bad at communicating without stepping on anybody’s toes.
2.) Playing Diplomatic Go without having any allies is very stresssful for me.
3.) I enjoy the intrigue of backstabbing and drama. This has led me to make some bad decisions.

I intend to stop communicating with people in this game. I will continue submitting moves though, until I am eliminated. I’m telling you in advance so nobody wonders why I don’t answer anymore. It seems like talking has hurt me this game, has taken a lot of my time IRL and is making me very invested and stressed out about this game.

I still love you all and wish you good luck and lots of fun.

8 Likes

Same. Wanna try an alpine alliance with me in the next diplogo?

2 Likes

End of Round 10

All players succeeded in playing their first choice.

image@Haze_with_a_Z’s stone at M7 and image@PiggyStardust’s stone at D2 are the only two stones without liberties and therefore are removed.

Any player with 1 stone or less on the board is eliminated at the start of Round 11.
Since all players enter round 11 with at least 2 stones, nobody is eliminated.

Player 1st
move
2nd
move
3rd
move
image @le_4TC N7
image @PiggyStardust D7
image @martin3141 D1
image @Gia H10
image @Sanonius K3
image @Haze_with_a_Z L4
image @yebellz F8
image @Maharani H8

Round 11

In order not to be eliminated at the start of next round, a player needs 3 or more stones on the board.

Round 11 starts with the following position.

Editable demo board

Please submit your next moves before 2020-10-22T20:00:00Z

7 Likes

Just curious, are everyone writing kibitz logs for the spectators?

How many kibitz log entries have you written and sent to @Vsotvep?

• 2-3
  • 4-6
  • 7-10
  • 11-15
  • 16+

0 voters

1 Like

I haven’t yet, but I intend to make one soon. There haven’t been anything particularly interesting for me to comment on with regards to my own diplomacy, but I might say something about my thoughts on the position in general.

2 Likes

I’ve either done 3 or 4. Some people appear to have written a lot to them.

1 Like

I think this would be an interesting little experiment: Disregarding diplomatic considerations up until this point and also strength considerations (assume that 8 random new players continue the game from tomorrow, knowing nothing about the history up until this point except the current board position), which color do you think is the most likely to win?

• image White
  • image Yellow
  • image Orange
  • image Red
  • image Pink
  • image Blue
  • image Light blue
  • image Green
  • I’d rather not say

0 voters

If I understand polls correctly, who voted for whom will be made public when the poll closes.

2 Likes

When I submit my moves I sometimes write a little paragraph about my thoughts along with it.

1 Like

In the absence of a move submission from @Haze_with_a_Z, Round 11 will be extended 24 hours.

The new deadline is 2020-10-23T20:00:00Z.

2 Likes