Discussion about Empty Board

At position Empty Board, @248176 started the conversation:

hey guys

( FYI @Eugene )

@Eugene said:

ā€¦ and click on the little question mark, top right, for documentation about cool features, such as tags, filtering and Play mode.

( FYI @Eugene )

@shaeleigh.herrington said:

Kk thanks

( FYI @Eugene )

@j.wongyk168 said:

Thank

( FYI @Eugene )

@S_Alexander said:

P13 leads to famous black hole fuseki. Try it!

( FYI @Eugene )

@ewerb123 said:

Arenā€™t there actually a finite number of possibilities as OGS will only allow you to make legal moves? According to Number of Possible Go Games at Sensei's Library there are approximately

( FYI @Eugene )

@ewerb123 said:

2.082*10^170 legal positions.

( FYI @Eugene )

@jfdh1994 said:

10^170 is pretty close to infinity for all intents and purposes

( FYI @Eugene )

@ewerb123 said:

fair enough

( FYI @Eugene )

10^170 is as close to infinity as zero is to 10^170 (in multiplication) :stuck_out_tongue:

I have got to get down and fix the delete-comment admin tool :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

Would it be easy and make sense to implement a ā€˜character count minimumā€™ for comments to be forwarded to the forums? eg. 10 characters. @Eugene?

1 Like

Yeah I need to ā€œdo somefinkā€ for sureā€¦

1 Like

@? KoBa ? said:

without komi, 1-6 as first move does make teh game even according to katago

( FYI @Eugene )

Whats going on :neutral_face:

I was supposed to make that comment on 1-6 move, but it somehow went as ā€œempty boardā€ >____>

Either iā€™m really bad at using or joseki explorer, or my name is somehow breaking it, i dont know. Iā€™m sorry about that one >___>

Iā€™d like to investigate this - can you clarify which position you were meaning to comment on?

1 Like

Sometimes when you press ā€œbackā€ in joseki explorer the URL doesnā€™t update. Probably related to that. Itā€™s better to reload the page to see that youā€™re indeed on the position you want.

My comments almost never end up on forums. Joseki explorer doesnā€™t love me.

1 Like

I have wondered about this. I will look into it: in theory those two facts should be unrelated, but that URL updating thing needs a look anyhow.

Unfortunately, Joseki Dictionary is a user like the rest of us, and the forum throttles itā€™s ā€œsuspiciousā€ looking posts: I donā€™t think I can do anything about it :cry:

2 Likes

Is that why I am unable to use GP4 in the random chat thread?