Do We Have A Longest Finished Games List Already?

2 years, 4 months, 13 days, 9 hours, 41 minutes and 5 seconds.

That was with my bro @jenson, BTW :slight_smile: always thankful if people are patient and bear with me!

(by courtesy of @Chinitsu’s awesome g0tstats, thank you!)

11 Likes

Those are rookie numbers!

(in all fairness, that game was abandoned by my opponent long ago…)

7 Likes

Oh, yeah, that’s long indeed, but maybe I should’ve written “longest FINISHED game” …

It is finished game. gotstats only check finished game in the first place.
I’m guessing Koba’s opponent abandoned the game and it ended on Timeout? :slight_smile:

4 Likes

It’s hard to distinguish. I know some games that are “long” but really are just paused and abandoned.

2 Likes

Hmm in all fairness, considering a “normal” time settings, abandoned game should be shorter than a normal game. Because timeout games only last roughly the think time of one player, while a normal game take time from both players.

The exception are games where time setting was intentionally set to be abundance, so it’d be like both players planned for the game to be so.

2 Likes

Paused and abandoned can last forever.

2 Likes

You can also set no time limits, if you want.

Pretty sure no time limits eventually times out.

4 Likes

I’m scared to ask how you know about that :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Do we perhaps need two Longest Game Lists?
One for finished games and one for (eternally) paused games?
And how do you know it is paused eternally?
It never is as simple as it looks :innocent:

OK, I think I’ll specify for this thread by changing the title to express the intention of my question.

(Sorry, @_KoBa :wink:)

1 Like

Well you get a list! 3 reasons why(although 2 is when I think I first heard it, both 1 and 3 are true):

1. Yes I have timed out of one of those before(although my longest game was when a bug prevented me from timing out, haha)
  2. I have seen a thread on the forums dedicated to that and stating that they shouldn’t have that.
  3. If I sort by time, a game that I am in with no time limits is above a game from the long correspondence tournament, showing that my opponent has less time in that game than my opponent in through the years.
2 Likes