Does API lag?

So I have an idea that I don’t even know if I’ll have the time for lol. I’m getting better and more experience at web design and was thinking that I could make a browser based page for OGS using API.

My reasoning is that I feel mobile should have a different experience than desktop but with limited development time it’s unreasonable. So I thought I might try to tackle it in my off time.

My concern is I would be wasting my time if the API lags in anyway since it would be on a different site technically.

Thoughts?

1 Like

My initial thought is that there are apps for iOS and Android

in addition to being able to play in browser on mobile.

Maybe another comment is that if you do go to the trouble to set up another interface to play on OGS from mobile, one could consider instead trying to update the OGS codebase directly. It’s possible that people might be interested in helping you.

Still though I suppose if you want more creative freedom from the ground up, go for it.

I don’t know your answer about whether the api lags, but probably there’s some other threads that might be useful like

in the api development category.

5 Likes

Indeed, OGS web does at least attempt to be mobile-friendly. Let me know if you’re interested in contributing in that way and need help getting started!

Regarding the topic of lag, there should be no significant lag from being on a separate domain, but you may run into CSRF issues. They can be resolved, but it does take some additional knowledge to understand what it’s for and how to work around it.

1 Like

I know nothing about the code. I use a no code web design site. Though I could potentially make mock ups and ask someone to make it for me :stuck_out_tongue:

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.