Edit Chat Log OR Create Review With Complete Chat Log

I do study games with new players to Go. Each turn, a lot of information is being shared. So in my case, a review is completely unhelpful. It would be really helpful if we could edit mistakes that we make along the way, especially the mistyping of coordinates. It would also greatly improve the quality of the lesson for future players who review the games, if our chat was as clean as possible.

Request #1
As someone who talks a great deal in Chat, it sure would be nice if I could edit my own messages. If this isnā€™t for everyone, maybe it could be an option in the Create Game window. This would be super useful in my study games :scream::star_struck::hugs:.

Request #2
Or, the ability to create a review with a complete and editable chat log. Then I could remove any information that is not directly related to the game being play (sometimes there is a lot of banter :stuck_out_tongue:).

1 Like

I have some thoughts on this.

Seems to me that the main reason that you use the Chats later on is to go over your game. My suggestions would be to start a reveiw.

I worry with people being able to edit the chat that they may say something abusive, and then get to immediatly edit it out. Even if there were a way to revover the ā€œPotential abuseā€ from a virtual history of edits made and such. I feel that it may well cause far more work for the mods down the line than would merit this sort of alteration.

That being said, some updated to how the chatboxes work deffinatly need to be done at some point i think. but that is neither here nor there for meā€¦ not that im a mod mind you XD

I do study games with new players to Go. Each turn, a lot of information is being shared. So in my case, a review is completely unhelpful. It would be really helpful if we could edit mistakes that we make along the way, especially the mistyping of coordinates. It would also greatly improve the quality of the lesson for future players who review the games, if our chat was as clean as possible.

Perhaps I should be asking for the feature of creating a review with a complete and editable chat log? Then I could remove any information that is not directly related to the game being play (sometimes there is a lot of banter :stuck_out_tongue:). That would be super helpful!

Great idea @Lord_o_o_Spoon! Iā€™ve edited my original post. Thank you :wink:.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.