Estimate Score - Disabling and Availability of the feature

This is a very one-sided view. There is an opponent who deserves consideration. Who knows what level of tools, aides, whatever you are choosing to use in a particular game? The opponent deserves a fair game and if he is relying on his own skills might not feel playing against someone who is running the game through a bot to evaluate variations is playing fair.

1 Like

Personally, I couldn’t care less about what kind of aids my opponent is using as long as he/she/it uses them consistently and so has a consistent rating. That being said, the usual consensus in correspondence is that ‘passive’ aids like using analysis board or consulting books are ok, while asking a stronger player, be it bot or human, to suggest you a move is not. On DGS it’s clearly stated in the rules, for example.

1 Like

No worries; sorry for making a deal out of it and thank you for apologising.

Actually it sounds like we agree. I think having the option to disable would be nice but feel that the defaults are quite right as they are.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.