European Go Championship 2021 (on OGS)

A stunning poster made by Camille Lévêque.

One of the most important tournaments in Europe - the European Championship - is soon to begin. The games will be played on OGS!

Jean-Yves Papazoglou wrote an article containing the announcement of the European Go Championship 2021 and a dedicated crowdfunding campaign, accompanied by highlights from the history of the event: https://eurogofed.org/index.html?id=325

Want to learn about the most successful European champions of the past or how the tournament will be organized this year? All of that you can find in Jean-Yves’ article!

Same as last year, this year once again the EGF is asking go fans to support our strongest players. The supporters will get some exclusive rewards, so hurry up to check the crowdfunding page: https://www.okpal.com/2021-european-go-championship-november-23rd-dece/

18 Likes

Is there a way to download all European games? I can only find the link to download the ratings.

There is no single database with games of European players.
Top players have some games stored on go4go.

However, if you are interested in the concrete go tournament - you have a chance to find game records on the EGF website: European Tournament Results

3 Likes

ok. the data is not in a consistent format so I can’t compute the European player’s ratings. like i can with Welcome to Baduk Go Weiqi Ratings | baduk-go-weiqi-ratings

I have made a simulation of the tournament https://www.reddit.com/r/proweiqi/comments/qqilpz/2021_european_championship_ilya_shikshin_is_the/

Can someone catalog game links in this thread as they happen?

3 Likes

The European Go Championship fundraising is now supported by European Go Journal, AI Sensei, and Go Magic!

For a small donation, you can get valuable rewards - make sure to check the EGF’s crowdfunding campaign: https://www.okpal.com/2021-european-go-championship…/

7 Likes

If the organization is the same as for the transatlantic pro league, the links appear just before the start of each game on the EGF page.

I think on the European Championship’s web page you can find a pairing and schedule: Online European Championship 2021

At the end of the page, there is also a list of players with OGS accounts. Using schedule + accounts it should not be a problem to find games, while I guess also the OGS will announce some of the games separately.

The EGF will not publish game links separately, I think.

2 Likes

Ok but only 10/24 players have now the mention of their name on OGS.

2 Likes

Viktor Lin vs Igor Burnaevskiy

3 Likes

Maybe

here also for commentary starting soon.

2 Likes

I thought to make a wiki page here but it’s possible at the beginning only.
It’s a bit sad to be so hard to watch these games from the very beginning…
Besides i hope that the links to the remaining 14 players will be put asap on the EGF page.

1 Like

Mods can make posts into a wiki, if you would like to restore your earlier post or write a new one I would be happy to do that for you, I too am sad there is not an easier way to access all games.

Waiting for stasio vs remi game. Later maybe. Thanks

The usernames are there and I think most of the player links are there?

I was seeing this

Tournament System (games are played on OGS server)

Players already qualified for last 16

Russia Ilja Shikshin, 4p (roln90)
Ukraine Artem Kachanovskyi, 2p (artem92)
Israel Ali Jabarin, 2p (Avtikh)
France Tanguy Le Calvé, 1p (Welvang)
Ukraine Andrii Kravets, 1p (AndriiKravets)
Russia Anton Chernykh, 6d (AshesOfDreams)
France Benjamin Dréan-Guénaïzia, 6d (ben0)
Slovakia Pavol Lisy, 2p (Palko)

Pot 1 (9-12)

Poland Stanislaw Frejlak, 1p (Siasio)
Czechia Lukáš Podpera, 7d (Lukan)
Serbia Dusan Mitic, 7d (DusanMitic)
Serbia Nikola Mitic, 7d (nidza)

Pot 2 (13-16)

Spain Oscar Vazquez, 6d (dacat1)
Spain Rob van Zeijst, 7d (Zaphodian)
:austria: Viktor Lin, 6d (Sandmann6d)
Spain Fredrik Blomback, 6d (Fredda91)

Pot 3 (17-20)

France Remi Campagnie, 6d (RemiC)
Romania Cornel Burzo, 6d ( cornel11)
Germany Jonas Welticke, 6d (iryumika)
Russia Vjacheslav Kaymin, 6d (dfvgbhnjk)

Pot 4 (21-24)

Germany Lukas Kraemer, 6d (Mengzi)
Russia Igor Burnaevskiy, 6d (HappyLook)
Belgium Lucas Neirynck, 5d (Cassis)
Israel Amir Fragman, 6d (wade)

———————-———————-

More or less copy and pasted^^ minus editing some flag sizes.

Edit: I’ve filled in the blanks for you @Groin apologies if I added any typos

4 Likes

A banner for this was just posted on the main site too.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s just useful for me :wink: but lot of thanks anyway.
With all the nicknames, one can feel at home now.

Tie break game between Lukas Kraemer and Rémi Campagnie

Today
but what time scheduled?
noon CET.
4pm CET