European Pro Qualification 2023

The EGF professional system really needs to pick up a sponsor, if it doesn’t, it’s basically dead in the water.

I think there is one already. May pick more?

I don’t think that CEGO are going to fund them forever. The professional organisation needs more publicity and more sponsors. The EGF Journal and the twitch channel are good, but they’re not enough

1 Like

I see EGF confirmed that people were simply not interested in this pro-thingy.

All players 6-dan and stronger were invited directly (so all players with minimum rating 2551) - about 30 players were addressed according to the EGD-lists. The number of players is the result of the positive answers - only 9 players were interested and one player of them is a reserve-player.

2 Likes

Should’ve skipped this year then /:

3 Likes

I hope they have that choice. Not sure.

I suggest Oscar’s game

4 Likes

I guess the only surprise here is Lukas Podpera losing? Choking from the beginning?

So he needs to win the next two matches to stay in the race.

I thought it was a direct elimination story?

The schedule says that round 1 has 3 games: 7th European Pro Qualification 2023 and that the 3rd game is “optional”. Meaning that those who won 2 games don’t need to play the 3rd one.

1 Like

We have to deduce as the protocol linked (see rules) don’t tell anything with 8 players.
Even they didn’t mention somewhere if 1 or 2 will become pro (ot i missed?)

It’s quite obvious that only one will become a pro. This has been the case for the last few pro qualification tournaments.

And now if everyone will repeat their result we gotta wait half a month for the next games.

3 Likes

Dominik Boviz advances.

Lukas Podpera, Benjamin Teuber, Simara Jan equalized.

3 Likes

Why everyone I root for end up losing :{

2 Likes

Someone linked this

1 Like

Oscar did well but that part of the yose seemed quite complex. He lost there, and i will too, hard to understand the AI evaluation.

Usually a dead body comes up when something like this happens.

1 Like

1-1, the deciding game should start in hald an hour or so ^^

Phew this must be mentally exhausting for the players, i wouldnt want to be on Lukas’s shoes right now xD

1 Like