European Professional Online Go League starts soon

There we are then, my point still applies at this stage. Israel is not European and therefore should not be a member of the European Go Federation, and nor sure should any other non-European country.

PS. It is, indeed, also wrong that Israel are allowed to participate in Eurovision.

Or when the Ballon d’Or expanded beyond European players. Fun times.

1 Like

If the EGF has that luxury, all power to them I guess. Here in Australia, we welcome anyone living here regardless of their nationality. I didn’t realise that the EGF was so strong that they had the luxury of turning away willing participants.

Always do your homework first :smiley:
https://www.eurogofed.org/members/

Well, not as strong as you think…EGF is kind of an umbrella organization, but the tournaments and activities in each country are still administered by their own national organizations (or regional clubs). It’s more of an overarching framework rather than a governing body like the AGA.

2 Likes

Anyway I’m excited for this, it’s great that it’ll be on OGS, just have to remember to watch!

Also now would be a good time to have that board ranking/popularity thing working :slight_smile: -
Game popularity

3 Likes

24 hours left. I hope audio and all the other stuff will be working tomorrow. They chose us over KGS, we can’t let them down!

2 Likes

This starts real soon.

3 Likes

Was there a banner for this?

1 Like

Is there a way, without visiting the forums, just from the actual OGS site, to find games played between pros, like the one today? Or even, this game mentioned here, if someone wants to find it in a few months? Is there a tournament list? Is there a list of any kind?

Great minds think alike!

1 Like

Games played March 20, 2020

5 Likes

Time settings were changed to 30s byo-yomi.

3 Likes

Just copying the cards.

1 Like

Collecting cards:

Awkward moment today with Ali timing out because of lag:

[20:49] Avtikh[2p]: ???
[20:49] artem92[2p]: hmmm
[20:49] Avtikh[2p]: that is a big lag
[20:50] Avtikh[2p]: it said 8 ~_~

But unlike some other tournaments Euro Pro League has sportsmanship spirit and they continued:

5 Likes

Collecting cards.

1 Like

Collecting cards

2 Likes

Should there be a banner for this today or?

I guess it is there on the games page