Fantasy Go League!

Ok, so everyone is in, I’m going to enter our names into a random number generator to determine the order of the draft. In a serpentine draft we take turns, cannot duplicate a player, and the draft order reverses each round (for fairness, this causes the name serpentine). For example, the order would go 1 2 3 4 5 6 | 6 5 4 3 2 1 | 1 2 3 4 5 6 and that would be 3 rounds right there. That way which pick you have isn’t a distinct advantage over anyone else.

Main question I need to ask the people involved, do you want to just do this correspondence style through the forums, or should we make a group room (I can’t make one I have the max of two already)? I think going on the forums here is fine because it’ll save everything. I’ll also make a google doc, I think, to keep track of the teams and point scoring. Also before we draft I’ll detail the point scoring.

The points will be awarded as follows: (Note this was somewhat improvised and might not be perfectly balanced, but should be balanced well enough to ensure fun. Also note that the tournaments will have their iteration number next to them, in some cases, the tournament that we’re going to score points on will be the one that hasn’t started yet i.e. the 21st LG Cup Finals are already decided, so we’ll use the 22nd LG cup which will start this summer and end in early-mid 2018 instead)

Major INTERNATIONAL TOURNAMENTS (4th Bailing, 3rd MLILY, 22nd LG, 22nd Samsung, 12th Chunlan*)
1st place: 14 points, 2nd place: 10 points, 3rd/4th: 6, lost in quarters: 2

*Chunlan has a 3rd place game, so 3rd: 8, 4th: 4 will apply to that tournament.

JAPAN
Major (42nd Kisei*, 42nd Meijin, 73rd Honinbo)
Title winner: 8, Challenger/title game loser: 6, tournament runner up: 3, semifinals: 2, quarters: 1

*Kisei : Making the knockout stage will award a player 3 points. There are no semifinals or quarters. Both B league winners will get the 3 points.

Mid-level (65th Oza, 43rd Tengen, 42nd Gosei, 56th Judan)
Title: 6, Challenger: 4, Runner up: 2, Semifinals: 1

Secondary (24th Agon, 26th Ruisei, 65th NHK Cup)
Winner: 4, Runner-up: 2, Semifinals: 1

KOREA

Major ( 60th Kuksu, 44th Myeongin)
Kuksu : Title: 12, Challenger: 8, Runner Up: 4, Semi: 2, Quarters: 1
Myeongin: 1st: 12, 2nd: 8, Semi: 4, Quarters: 2

22nd GS Caltex Cup
1st: 10, 2nd: 6, Semi: 3, Quarters: 1

Secondary (36th KBS, 18th Maxim Cup)
1st: 8, 2nd: 5, Semi: 2

CHINA

Major (30 Mingren, 32nd Tianyuan)
Title: 10, Challenger: 7, Runner up: 4, Semi: 2

Secondary (7th Quzhou-Lanke, 14th Changqi, 14th Agon Cup, 13th Qiwang, 8th Longchen, 2nd CCTV)

1st: 6, 2nd: 4, Semi: 2, Quarters 1

You may have noticed the Korean Cups are worth the most (besides internationals) and the Japanese are worth the least. That’s a balance decision, because there are fewer Korean tournaments and more Japanese tournaments. Also, some players are guaranteed points by way of currently holding the title, (and being unable to finish any worse than title or challenger loss), I couldn’t think of a way around it.

Anyway, regardless of where we decide to do this, hiryuu can make their first pick whenever they would like. Someone likely to rack up a bunch of points in the coming year. Final note, each roster must have 3 players from each country minimum (total 10) so if you try to take a 5th pro from a country (or 4 from a country when you already have 4 from another) we’ll have to stop and re-do that pick.