Favorite Things to do

I’ve been practicing penspinning for about a year now, in hope of using it to replace smoking habit.

I now have mastered smoking with my left hand.

17 Likes

WOAH that’s pretty impressive! You should just always film yourself pen spinning so both hands are occupied!

6 Likes

I became pretty good at eating with my left hand (not all foods of course), so I can keep my right hand clean and on the mouse.

7 Likes

Lmao very impressive I can’t really eat with my left hand but I can for some various foods

2 Likes

Checkup time!

In the four months since this thread was last bumped, how have things changed? Has anyone picked up a new hobby? Got better at an old one? Have we converged at all in our interests?

I’ve got a bit better at cooking, with help and inspiration from the Dining Hall; and I’ve been picking up a lot about Latin, Greek, and Japanese from Sanonius and Vsotvep in the LLL.

I’ve dropped chess. (cheering from the galleries)

7 Likes

well, I got involved in a constructed pidgin project called Viossa which is kinda cool for me, as well as arranging music (those surprisingly go hand-in-hand)

funnily enough I’ve picked up chess… Not 100% sure why, but right now opening theory makes a lot more sense to me (thanks to some reading), and I feel like I have a method to choosing an opening… a thing I felt like I lacked in Go, as I never really felt one way or another about most go openings.

4 Likes

In May, I started doing Karate once a week, and I love it. :slight_smile: At first over Skype, and then “live” in the dojo (we need to follow some complicated rules; it’s max. 8 people and we need to clean and desinfect the room and so on)
I hope, it will still be possible over the winter - the number of infections is slowly increasing here, and eventually, there will probably be stricter rules again for what we can do.

5 Likes

:clap: :partying_face:

Pitchforks, everyone!

:fork_and_knife: :trident: :merman:

9 Likes

We had a funny Werwolf game earlier this month. And I’ve finished my thesis this summer, now I nead to reed like 470 pages Greek until December :exploding_head: all while doing internship in high schools.

It all stays different.

5 Likes

I cycle a lot, and have had an obsession with wrongful convictions. I also play a bit of chess online.

4 Likes

Well, if it is not ancient Greek (I am no good at those) and you need any help, just drop me a line. :slight_smile:

On topic:
Even though I am trully horrible at it (despite playing for over 20 years), this is one of my favorite things to do, but the local municipality has failed to actually reserve even one hour per week for the citizens to enter the court and play. In that instance last year, a local team called some of us “oldies” to play against their “teen teem” for training and that is how we managed to actually enter.
In the current administration’s defense, 1 year of not caring and messing up is still better than the previous record of keeping the citizens out of the only such public athletic infrastructure in 100 km radius. They need 3 more years to achieve that :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

18 posts were merged into an existing topic: Language Learners’ Library

On the question at hand,

I’ve gotten worse at Go. :woman_shrugging:

5 Likes

Me too apparently, if my rank is anything to go by~

Chin up c:

I’ll call in @Vsotvep to shift our linguistic chatter over to LLL, if you don’t mind.

1 Like

I invoke the “making dinner” power to avoid your attack!

6 Likes

Gah! I can’t counter or the Dining Hall gang will come down on me like a ton of rocks!

6 Likes

I played the mafia game and am doing the diplomatic go game. I kinda started drawing online too recently sometimes so like I draw random things, and it may not be great but it is still kinda fun. I like making edible cookie dough cause I like eating it. Also it’s always chill texting/messaging friends since we can’t always see each other. I bike more nowadays and spend time just like chilling too. I also like listening to music cause it’s chill. And I play random games online with others too cause it’s fun. So like yeah.

Although idk how one defines a hobby and I’m at the point where idk if anything I do counts as a “hobby” at all.

5 Likes

Other than texting, I’d say everything else counts as a hobby.

2 Likes

Talk about the plan of regulars for world dominat-
gunshot noises
hehehe I mean the plan of regulars to get better at Go!

5 Likes