Favourite Colour

Oh. That sounds like what we call “Indigo” in French.

1 Like

Found on the internet:

img

And elsewhere:

index

Apparently not everyone agrees on which color is which.

2 Likes

Name these colours! :rofl:

3 Likes

I didn’t know these two colors.

index

1 Like

I like Blurple the most currently

1 Like

Let me put 2 hypothesis on colors.

Perception of Colors have links with culture. In my entourage yellow and green are enough close to not be that different sometimes.

Art is promoting colors. Indeed some very specific colors got name and glory thanks to artists and their creation. I have in mind the panel of colors used in chinese traditional painting too.

2 Likes

This one is demonstrably true - it’s a very interesting journey if you google that.

Don’t know how I missed this thread earlier. In elementary school, they taught us that black wasn’t a color because it was the absence of color, and white wasn’t a color because it was a mix of all colors. Of course, they were talking about light, as does almost all of the foregoing discussion.

But light and pigments do not work the same. That is part of the distinction, to answer one question above, between RGB and YMCK (which some gremlin changed to CMYK at the beginning of the computer publishing era). The order of colors on a web press is still YMCK in reality, which involves a specific dot angle for each color.

There is a significant difference in the perception of on-screen colors (direct light) versus ink colors (reflected light). In print design, black is often made richer (less dull) by adding blue, typically 100% black and 50% blue. Another interesting combination is black (about 5%, I think) and yellow, which produces a strange yellowish green, or greenish yellow.

And of course, as has been known for a very long time, shadows in natural sunlight are not gray/black, they are blue.

2 Likes