Feature Request: Mouse Anti-Slip: Require 1/3rd sec hover to accept click

Hi there!

Since I’ve acquired a notebook, and am fiddling with one of these fancy clickpads, I’ve grown fond of the mouse anti-slip system that KGS’s CGoban3 provides; on OGS, I’ve had at least one misclick in every game…

CGoban implements this by requiring that your mouse hovers for some amount of time above a specific coordinate to accept any click-input; if you click before that, only a “ding” sound plays, to indicate that the click has been rejected.

I dislike Undos, especially avoidable ones, and in a halfway serious game they interrupt the flow; also, around my rating it’s still common enough that distinguishing between a misclick and a generic wrong move is not really possible. I’d like to avoid any such unnecessary conflicts, too.

Thanks for all your work!

2 Likes

There is “double click” option to make some sort of anti-slip. I agree that some sort of delay like in KGS would be a bit better.

3 Likes

Sorry, I honestly didn’t see that; now that you mention it, it’s in plain sight. Double-click should work fine for me.

Double-click helps, but I still get the occasional misclick. Hover-time implementation would be nice.

2 Likes

That’s a great idea, i’ll add it in as an option.

4 Likes