Feature Request: Nr. Of Observers in Games listing

Problem:
Right now it’s not possible to see for me where everyone is hanging out and kibitizing, I only got heads up when used chat, then someone told me where everyone is hanging out. Had I not chatted, I’d have never known and missed a jolly good show.

Even if I know there’s a crowd of kibitzes, it’s not so easy to find them.

Solution:
If every game in the list has the nr. of observers next to it, people will flock there and a crowd will form that probably goes on to watch other games (and more of course, Go is also a spectator sport :slight_smile: )

Now if I have missed how to use this setting properly, then I’d love to see the observer nr. colum there by default or an easy way to set it.

5 Likes

I think someone suggested this a couple of months ago.

Here’s a recent one: Suggestion: Show number of people watching on /observe-games

1 Like

Aha :wink:

Well, to quote:
“Yep it’s on the books just gonna need a bit of work and a few things above it right now but im pretty keen for this too”

So, sorry for double posting, but clearly it’s popular so it deserved a natural ping.

(sits back, brews tea and waits patiently (or, well, tries to))

1 Like

I can’t find a matching issue on the GitHub, so I don’t really know what “on the books” means in this case :woman_shrugging:

Hmm, maybe the intention was good intention and then, life happened?

Maybe give BHydden a ping?

I did ping, let’s see if we get an ack.

It would be a fun thing to have!

1 Like

Oh if @BHydden said it, I’m sure it’s in there somewhere (or in mod chats or something)

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.