Features everyone secretly wants on OGS but will never be implemented

Trying to have some consideration for ending of the game:
Instead of passing, the player could make a stone of his opponent disappear. Then this opponent could return him the favor.
When resigning, a nice animation with a rain of stones of the appropriate color, changing the goban in a Fuji mountain.
Any more ideas to fulfill the aspirations coming in twisted minds when ending a game greatly appreciated.

2 Likes

Well you could have the traditional idea of placing a captured stone back on the board to resign.

So you’re playing Black and you place a white stone or two on the board as an indicator of resignation, probably after you click the resign button this happens :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Here’s a simple one: boards with lacunae, or “holes”.

Another simple idea: proper support for matches (game series), which creates an event page where the games can be viewed in some nice UI.

7 Likes

Classic Jubango is in that category which could benefit from proper organization (but not only).
Because of the historic side, I think it’s something attractive for some OGS players

1 Like

On normal server you just lose against much stronger opponent

but on OGS you can know that you was ahead at least once, that your fuseki/midgame wasn’t completely useless

So I got an idea:
Sudden Death Mode
If you have less than (for example) 1% of chance, you automatically lose
So to become SDK for example, you will have to reach SDK level in fuseki and in midgame and in endgame
And you never would waste time of your opponents, if your game is not worthy, you will just auto-resign.
If you are dan and will turn this mode on, then it will be like giving handicap stones to your opponents, they will have chance to win

14 Likes

Yeah but with the prerequisite that you must provide an 1-episode long speech about love and friendship before activating :laughing:

3 Likes

17 Likes

AIs help => sAI help

5 Likes

Super AI help :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Imagine there was a feature where the draw tool erasers didn’t erase all the pen marks but was just a normal eraser.

Then you could rub out individual lines and not everything

9 Likes

Go wars … reality vs dreams 1-0

5 Likes

some alternatives to just turn off analysis:
(moves can’t be deleted)

a) Opponent can see in real time tree of variations than you are making in analysis mode.

b) Any move that you made in analysis automatically work like conditional moves.

c) Both

d) There is no normal mode. You do moves in analysis only. Submit move button chooses random move from what you clicked.

(if you click just 1 move in any of these modes, your game will have no difference from normal game with analysis turned off)

12 Likes

This reminds me of the “autopass instead of timing out” idea.

5 Likes

(a) Love this idea.
(b) is difficult because how would you explore multiple paths? Would alternative paths override previously explored paths?
(d) LMAO omg

1 Like

Oh, reminds me:

I urgently need an option to move comments/variations accidentally posted in game chat to Malkovich Log!

Some of you will know why :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

Maybe crazy idea: custom board backgrounds for tournaments, ladders, game types, particular games, etc. Configurable both by tournament directors and in user settings.

Makes it more fun, and this way I don’t have to click around a bunch just to figure out what a game is.

18 Likes

That’d be awesome!

2 Likes

OMG, in this case I need an automatic custom board backgrounds suppressor.

:crazy_face:

14 Likes

A new paid feature?

7 Likes

YES! OMG YES, YES, YES!

Lets make this a thing, this is awesome!

3 Likes