Features everyone secretly wants on OGS but will never be implemented

Like the ヒカルの碁 GBA game?

This will never be made probably because only a fraction of OGS players play rengo, but nowadays I’m kinda missing a feature that would show by vanilla and rengo games separately on my home page.

7 Likes

Note this is a front end thing (open source), and doesn’t seem too hairy. If you find an interested web dev with some free time, this could probably happen :slightly_smiling_face:

FWIW I think it’s a solid idea (but I am lacking on the free time :smiling_face_with_tear:)

6 Likes

I suppose Allow undo request on your move now sadly belongs here.

Nah, it’s no secret :smiley: :smiley:

7 Likes

GPT bot that hides any rank mention on any text in chat or forum for users who enabled hide ranks setting.

its also a way to implement Remove ratings from downloaded SGFs

3 Likes

I want to know what the compute ratio is between a gpt implementation and a standard script :joy:

3 Likes

I am afraid i ll have to use a gpt to put butter on my piece of bread

2 Likes

To put butter on a piece of bread, follow these simple steps:

1. Take the desired amount of butter out of the fridge and let it sit at room temperature for a few minutes to soften.

2. Use a butter knife to scoop out a small amount of butter from the container.

3. Hold the bread in one hand and the butter knife in the other. Spread the butter onto the bread using the knife, starting at one edge and moving toward the other.

4. Use a smooth, sweeping motion to spread the butter evenly across the bread. Be careful not to press too hard and tear the bread.

5. If you’re using cold butter and find it difficult to spread, you can try cutting thin slices of butter and placing them on the bread. The butter will soften as it comes into contact with the warm bread.

6. Repeat the process for additional slices of bread, adjusting the amount of butter you use depending on your preference.

7. Enjoy your delicious buttered bread!

4 Likes

Automatic site-wide tournaments with HANDICAP.

7 Likes

In tournaments it would be nice to have a button that brings you to the next game in that round. So that when you are ready or have a bye, you can follow the other games and skip from one to the next one.

chat undo
undo undo
resign undo
timeout undo

5 Likes

Game undo

4 Likes

rematch while deleting current game?

Just undo it, as if it never happened.

Silent resignation: superhuman AI will take over and the opponent will not be notified. Everyone secretly wants this.

1 Like

And for the opponent you are playing: silent resignation where a BETTER superhuman AI takes over, without notifying you.
Everyone (except you) secretly wants this.
:innocent:

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind.

all games that ended by resign or timeout automatically get review where bot vs bot plays until pass

4 Likes

I hope chat undo isn’t in the “will never be implemented bucket” - that’s a pretty common feature in chats!

2 Likes