First Go game ever

Hello, Go community

Today is my first day here and, of course, I want to play my first ever game of Go. The problem is that I am understandably very nervous as I still have a difficult time understanding the basics of this game, so I’m wondering if there is anyone kind, patient, and understanding [of my many atrocious mistakes that I am inevitably and imminently going to make] enough to play a 9x9 correspondence game with me as well as dropping subtle hints to me so that I can begin to understand this game and hopefully improve.

Thank you in advance!

5 Likes

Sure :blush:. Ill play you and explain some things. Just add me as a friend. Feel free to send me a challenge for a correspondence game anytime, otherwise we can arrange a live game.

3 Likes

Welcome! Congrats for asking here for help! Off to a good start!

3 Likes

I remember when I first started playing. It was fun, it was bliss. I hope you remain like that.

4 Likes

Thank you!

Sending you a game right now. :smiley:

1 Like

Hello, and welcome to OGS :slight_smile:

If you do not have enough going on already, feel free to send me a challenge as well.

2 Likes

Please send me one. :smiley:

I would just like to say thank you to all the nice replies I have got back. I can already tell that I am going to like it here.

Thank you, everyone, for the warm welcome. :smiley:

3 Likes

Welcome to the beautifully complex game of go.

you can request a game with me as well, I would be happy to help in anyway I can!

enjoy your stay :wink:

1 Like

Send me a request if you like. :smile: