Five things you would stock for an emergency

For me, water, lip balm, Maltesers, cheese, q-tips.

2 Likes

It really depends on the emergency, doesn’t it

If it’s for earthquakes, hurricanes, tsunami’s, volcanic eruptions, etc:
Water, canned food, flashlight, bandages, matchbox (in a watertight bag)

If it’s for COVID-19 hysteria, I’m not sure. It could be that people rush for toilet paper this week, nasal spray next week…
Perhaps some food that doesn’t spoil too quick for if the supermarkets close? Seems unlikely…

3 Likes

I didn’t want to make it specific, to keep it light-hearted (if possible). Mostly things you could live without, but you “can’t live without”.

1 Like

In that case: laptop… Hm, yeah… That’s about all I need. Let’s hope there won’t be a power outage!

4 Likes

A gun + ammo, water, food, toiletries, medial supplies.

3 Likes

take a smartphone instead. then you don’t need power or wifi :slight_smile:

2 Likes

But I can’t get along with smartphones.

2 Likes

Fair point, but then you have to worry about the wifi going down. In some emergencies there will not be wifi.

1 Like

I have books on my laptop, and games. I could even play go :stuck_out_tongue:

I think power is my main concern

1 Like

You’d still need power. That battery will last you a day tops. Also, depending on how serious the emergency is there’s a good chance there’d be no cellular service.

1 Like

Beer, cigarettes, whiskey, cat food and wine.

5 Likes

No lighter/ matches tho?

I’m afraid you might be spoiling that cat.

5 Likes

Child on my hand, father on the back, my penates and gods, and THE HOPE OF THE TROJAN PEOPLE

Edit: Oh, what I would stock (I thought to take with me)! Erm, pasta, tomato sauce in jars, cheese, dried meat, more cheese. and tobacco.

8 Likes

It’s quite hard to pick just five things. I guess I’d go with: hummus, instant ramen (good kinds, not the crap they sell in the US), cheese, pickles, and video games to keep me busy

1 Like

I am pointing out that the video games will also run out of power along with all of the other technology. What might help is if you had a solar powered charger or some other charger that could work using some other type of power but not the using the electrical cords that may run out of power. I would also have to bring food and some of my friends or family members and a deck of cards for non electronic entertainment. Eventually the emergency will be over and I won’t have to worry anymore.

2 Likes

Good point. Board games/ cards would be better.

2 Likes

Oh yes.

So, in case of a pandemic:
Water and electricity are still there, and our water here has a very good drinking quality, so no need to stock any.
I guess, having more soap at home than usual is a good idea. Then… cookies are never wrong, and books and board games for entertainment. Plus, some canned/frozen vegetables and rice/noodles, but not much, because there probably won’t be a shortage. (Actually, the only thing of which I bought more than usual so far is basmati rice. 5 kg. :sweat_smile: )

1 Like

Online Go server forums. The place where Go is an afterthought.

4 Likes

Black stones, white stones, goban… What else is there?

4 Likes