For Beginners: Dsaun's legendary Shape lecture again on 18th Oct 2014

Dang, now I want some text to read up for that diagram … haven’t got the time for listening to something :-/

Well, I’ll try, but usually I just haven’t got the time to sit and watch through something like that when I can read MUCH faster … must get my priorities right < shrug >

1 Like

Linux, ¿Do you know if Dsaun has a youtube channel where i can to watch his lectures or if these lectures were recorded?

Thanks, I had my doubts because Battousai has a youtube channel with all their lectures. Anyway, i was seeing in his kgs profile, and i found this link for his recent shape’s lecture :smile:

6 Likes

In the past, I asked folks to capture the lecture for their personal use only. LinuxGooo is slightly off on the reasons for my reluctance to streamcast on youtube. I am not at all afraid of having my knowledge “stolen”. Rather 1) I like editing control and lack the software and know-how to stream my own videos; 2) I fear memorializing my mistakes forever; and 3) I like the interactive quality, with the opportunity for folks to ask questions.

However, since I do not intend to repeat the lecture on KGS, I gave permission for folks to upload it to youtube… and it’s there! I made a few mistakes in the order of presenting some things, but perfection is elusive. The content is all there - lecture plus discussion of 7 great example games.

Please enjoy.

10 Likes

Thank you, @dsaun!

1 Like

Thanks @dsaun! Greatest appreciation of your work from me.

I agree that the knowledge of Go is not a “personal property”; I don’t quite concur with the comment that it could be “stolen.”

As for screencasting, there are plenty of softwares that allow screen recording, audio, and facecam. It’s totally up to you to decide whether you wish to use them :smiley:

1 Like

That book is written by Charles Matthews, a BGA 3 dan in Cambridge UK.

He has authorized BadukWorld to publish his book for free some time ago.

We published it on our OGS Twitter account some time ago, together with another very good book by Peter Shotwell.

Enjoy reading :smile:

Twitter reposts:

Reposting this. Mr. Matthews graciously made his book Shape Up available to all. http://t.co/oloIJSCniB

— Online Go Server (@OnlineGoServer) October 1, 2014

The Game of Go:Speculations on its Origins and Symbolism in Ancient China by Peter Shotwell. @theaga http://t.co/YB30klRwmL #ogs

— Online Go Server (@OnlineGoServer) October 8, 2014
2 Likes

Thank you, Francisca!

I missed the first round.

= )

1 Like