Forced forfeit

Oh yeah, sometimes if you’re beating a DDK by a lot of points, they’ll make a pass. Then if you play another move, they resign. It’s like, what was the pass for? Did you think I was going to pass into scoring with a hundred moves to go?

1 Like

Observed from the deck of H.M.S. Beagle:

" The semi-truncated oik displays a curious consistency in defending its nest, often maintaining an aggressive stance days after the nest has been plundered. How this behaviour evolved over time is a headscratcher for sure."

2 Likes

On GoQuest I once won a game by “TKO” (technical KO I assume). I captured a large group of stones during endgame and the server immediately decided to end the game. That may be a rare example of a “forced forfeit”.

2 Likes

So that’s the epithet for people who play on after they have lost eh? :smiley:

“Curse the semi-truncated oik who’s making me play on for weeks!”

2 Likes

I have, on several occasions against various opponents, politely pointed out “Great match. Perhaps the game is over”…without saying “It seems to me that you’ve already lost this game by far”…and had only positive responses. A couple opponents played on. A couple said “A few more moves”, and soon thereafter resigned. Most just say “Seems so. Thank you for the game” and then pass or resign. I had one opponent that, only after I said “Perhaps the game is over” (never pointing out that I’m ahead in my remark), said “Its very close, no?”. Seems he didn’t know of the Score Estimator button! I was up by 50 points and he didn’t know it.

I do mention it when my fellow ddk opponents seem formidably down. No issues or problems to date in my experience of doing so.

2 Likes

A game i am having now just bring this to a new height.

I was up about 60+, passed 4 time. And here is the catch. He passed twice as well, proceeded to the counting stone stage, and then jumped back out to continue play.

Now that’s annoying.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.