Forum: Threads wrongly marked as “unread”, repeating notifications

Topic title says it all:

In the past two or so weeks the forum software shows me notifications for new comments which I’d already seen (i.e. clicked), or marks threads/posts as unread which in fact I have already read.

Logged out and back in already, checked my prefs.

1 Like

Same for me, it’s like if the forum doesn’t register my actions lately, ie topics reads or dismissed.

2 Likes

OK, now I …

… and for the moment it looks OK

Maybe the recent server switch cause this odd phenomenon? But I know nothing of these things …

1 Like

Problem seems to be back again :frowning:

Something odd was happening on the forums. I’ve forced an upgrade and restarted them. Let me know if it happens again

1 Like

[quote=“matburt, post:5, topic:8603”]
I’ve forced an upgrade and restarted them.[/quote]Thank you! :slight_smile: :heart:

[quote]Let me know if it happens again[/quote]Will do, and if I remember I’ll also just reply here if it seems to be gone for good.

Uhm, nope, now I’m getting notifications for comments from five days ago which I have read when they were new :frowning:

1 Like

I know what’s going on here. I’ll fix it this evening

2 Likes

Just got the second or third notification about your last comment, @matburt :smiley:

There were many more highlighted in blue here before, and I’d read ALL of them before — only the notification about the PM re: name change was NOT shown to me yesterday (i.e. I only got the green notification today) :open_mouth:

This should get automatically straightened out over the next few days… moving to new infrastructure meant we needed to bring our mail relay up and it wasn’t fully up. I brought it back online yesterday but it’s got a few days of work to sort through.

1 Like

Follow-up: Thanks, @matburt, seems to run smoothly now <happy>