Game analysis randomly resets

I sometimes do so, but you must be comfortable with the idea that your opponent could just log-out and read you malkovich log. Not so likely to happen, but it could be.

1 Like

Well, thatā€™s happened a few timesā€”accidentallyā€”with opponents who went to our games but forgot to log in ā€¦ and ā€¦ I just donā€™t care :slight_smile: But then again I only play long corr. games, and the opponents and I usually get involved in some small talk and get to know each other a little more, so Iā€™m not really worried :slight_smile:

3 Likes

My feelings exactly. I like to choose opponents who I know a little bit from their posts in the Forum or the chat.

1 Like

Itā€™s happening to me too. Safari on iOs.
It happened regularly in the past (I was using chrome on android) but then it didnā€™t happen for a long time.

Yesterday and today itā€™s happening often, even after few moves.

The page is still in analysis mode but all variations disappear.

1 Like

I noticed this yesterday (Chrome on Android) two moves and a bit of thinking time and analysis resets.

Is this happening again?

It was happening all day yesterday to me. It was extremely frustrating because I was trying to make a Teaching Demo board. I finally gave up.

I am using Chrome and in each case I would leave the Chrome window to attend to my work. When I would come back, the unsaved variation and my variation history would be gone. If I had an unfinished message in the Chat box, that would be gone too. I tried storing some board coordinates in the box but was immediately called away and boom.

Yes, it happened to me yesterday, for the first time in a long time. I was analyzing one of my current correspondence games and the variations disappeared spontaneously after a very short time (much shorter than in my past experiences). However, much longer subsequent analyses had no problem.

Happening to me a lot more and a lot quicker in the last two days.

To me, it happens on macā€™s firefox and samsungs browser on my phone. Maybe also on opera for windows. I thought this was normal and had to do with connection and refreshing. And yeah, itā€™s also super annoying.

Just adding data about this: happened to me just now on Chrome on a Mac, during looking at the analysis.

Iā€™m not aware of any internet interruption.

But I see anoek says heā€™s on to it in due course.

Actually I did have WLAN problems during the last few days as well. So this is very much consistent with the theory that the problem is connectivity related. (Doesnā€™t make it less annoying though. :slight_smile: )

1 Like

Maybe itā€™s an ā€œinternet connection intermittent alertā€ :smiley:

I didnā€™t know I had an issue!

1 Like

Any news on this issue? Its been happening to me a lot and is so frustrating :triumph::angry::rage::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:.

Could it be posible that has something to do with the way the code reads and refresh from the database data? on my case the only thing that refresh are the stones, and erases the temporary variations i have made.

I am using google chrome .

Now that I see this topic, I can say it happens to me too, when analysing an ongoing correspondence game, my variations just disappeared. I thought maybe it was because my opponent just played his move, but in fact that was the case just once, otherwise I was just looking some variation with my opponent being off-line.
(Using opera on Android)

1 Like