Go Bots Time Out Too Often

I’ve been playing the Go bots for a while now and I realized that they time out once every three games. I’ve seen people use that as an advantage, keep on placing stones on the board until the bot times out. It would be very helpful if the moderators could solve this problem, if they did that would improve and benefit OGS.

Bots take a good bit of resources to run. If you want to help us out consider signing up to become a site supporter:

1 Like

Hello @matburt,
Thank you very much for OGS, great site and getting better day by day!
I was wondering if there is a way to connect my bot from time to time on OGS. It would run on my machine so not using your resources - not sure this relates to the post above but could not find an help page about how to register a bot account, get a bot ID or whatever else is needed.
Thanks again,
Olivier

3 Likes

Hello, you can find the script for connecting bots to OGS here.

2 Likes

Thanks!
Only I could not figure out what bot id and api key stand for… Bot ID could be the login name but what would API key be?

gtp2ogs --botid <id> --apikey <apikey>...

You have to create a bot key in the bot profile. let me know the name of the bot and i will flip the switch and set you as the owner. That will allow you to generate the key

1 Like

Hi Christopher,
Bot login is kubicle_bot.
Thanks again,
Olivier

1 Like

Okay, the bot is set and you are the owner. When you go to the bot’s profile page, you should see a box for generating API keys.

2 Likes

Found it and got the API key, thanks a lot!
If the beta site is working, I will finish my development connecting to there.
Cheers

2 Likes

Hello Christopher,
After quite a long delay I could get back to this…
Unfortunately when I tried on both beta and prod URL, the bot/id command returns me a “0” for id, which seems to mean my bot is unknown.

Code in gtp2ogs is like below:

socket.emit('bot/id', {'id': argv.botid}, function(id) {

…in which argv.botid was “kubicle_bot” for me, same as the user name of the bot account.

Any idea what I could be doing wrong?

Thanks!
Olivier

Oh and I got this error too from trying in command line:

node gtp2ogs.js --botid kubicle_bot --apikey 08a5f…16 --ggsport 443
–debug command clearboard
[ggs.online-go.com] Connecting…
[ggs.online-go.com] Connected
ERROR: Bot account is unknown to the system: kubicle_bot

bot id is likely going be the actual id of the bot, not the name… so in this case:

https://online-go.com/user/view/187137/kubicle_bot

187137 is the id of your bot.

Thanks for this Matthew - I had tried this too but maybe not on the prod site so I did it now.
No luck, however :,(.

Could it be possible that something is still missing with the setup on kubicle_bot in OGS as a bot?

node gtp2ogs.js --botid 187137 --apikey 08a…816 --ggsport 443 --debug – command clearboard
[ggs.online-go.com] Connecting…
[ggs.online-go.com] Connected
ERROR: Bot account is unknown to the system: 187137

From what I understood, the input parameter should really be the bod “name” and not ID here (and the API would return me 187137 in this case), but I have no way to know for sure unless someone who can connect confirms.
For example I found this (not-merged) commit from tk44 on gtp2ogs:

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.