Go Google Calendar by Gia (because Gandhi)

I tried to find asian pro events on weibo, but there is a flood of accounts and I’m not sure which ones are legit.
I’ll try to trim and see if I can find something reliable.

3 Likes

Nihon ki-in youtube channels upcoming streams

Korean Baduk TV also has active youtube channel, but i couldnt find any info about future streams :<

But hey theres a game going on now!

4 Likes

For multi-day events, like a congress, do you prefer an all-day event that will show on top of the day, only events with the games, for example “16:00 pro A vs pro B”, or both?

• Banner all-day event only
  • Pro event specific times only
  • Both
  • Other

0 voters

I voted ‘both’ but upkeeping a calendar with ~everything is ton of work, so i guess for stuff like egc and aga congress it would be easier to just mark the entire week ^^

3 Likes

I voted for both, but I would really like this feature for one-time or rare events (eg quarterly or yearly or big tournaments). For ongoing events, I think specific times are enough.

1 Like

I wouldn’t include all events of the congress for both, an all-day for the event itself and only the pro games specifically. I can’t imagine these are more than a few each time, but I’ll see.

1 Like

Yeah actually i changed my mind completely xD
Maybe its actually better to have the pro games only and maybe a link somewhere for those events schedules in case anyone needs it. I assume most ppl interested in western pro games are aware of egc and aga congresses anyhow Schedule – 64th European Go Congress

1 Like

I’ve decided to add specific games only, and not all-day banners, because it may be intrusive to people with many calendars.

Events will have the tournament title anyway, so they will be easy to navigate.

Question:
I’m updating the July 10th game of TPGL for future reference.

They were playing or 2 out of 3 games?
So the games played are these two?

1 Like

yeah the 3rd place match was best-of-3, ilya won 2-0 ^^

1 Like

oh wow, well… this exists already

I think mine’s obsolete lol

2 Likes

I hadn’t seen the calendar, just came across the Reddit but didn’t look into it too deeply.

I might be showing my partial ignorance in that I haven’t watched some of the podcasts the whole way through. The latest one I see they do open up a calendar toward the end.

Nothing to say you couldn’t help collaborate on it for example? Offer some improvements etc, certainly helped me know about it that you found it :stuck_out_tongue:

Does @xiaodaiboy run or help maintain the linked calendar/one used in the podcast?

2 Likes

I fell like this calendar is focused on US/Asia Go pro-scene. Maybe you can “manage” the EU part?

2 Likes

I think it is relatively easy to write a simple crawler to regularly parse the European Tournament Calendar and automatically fill the calendar/send emails to ease the burden of management even more.

2 Likes

That I don’t know how to do :woman_shrugging:t2:

EGF calendar has many amateur irl events that I don’t think fit the focus of the calendar.

I think that calendar would benefit from a specific schedule, not just the day of the event but also the time and maybe a link, but of course the choice is of its creator.

If “EU only” is interesting to people I will gladly keep it going like that.

3 Likes

If you’re still taking events :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s already in the calendar, it doesn’t show? :crying_cat_face:

1 Like

Sorry I couldn’t see the calendar from the link in the OP, it just redirects to a blank calendar (maybe mine? I don’t use google calendars)

I can see it in the embedded here though

2 Likes

It worked before :sob:
I’ll check it later tonight.

1 Like

I tried to access it from opera, without being logged in to my google account and it asked me to login to google.

So, I tried the ical link. I copied it from the calendar settings. It downloads automatically and you open it with your default calendar. I chose outlook to try it. It worked, although I had to do some extra clicks to save and open the ical file.

ical link: https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/gocalendarbygia%40gmail.com/public/basic.ics

1 Like