Go Magic: A Modern Way to Study Go

Dear Go Magicians, we’ve decided to simplify the membership system. Only 3-month and 1-year ones are left, and that’s it. Courses and one year memberships are now becoming more expensive. :flushed:

If you’ve missed a chance to get a membership before the price increase, now you can actually get them cheaper than before! :sun_with_face:

Anyone who uses the code MAGICTUBE will get a 40% discount, and this festivity will last until October 15.

:point_right:Go Magic Premium

As always you can use the code to extend your membership with a discount as well. :boom:

What’s the occasion? We are celebrating 10k subscribers on YouTube! A huge milestone for us! :dancer::beach_umbrella:

upd. already 11k!

upd2. already 12k!! :star_struck:

:tv: https://www.youtube.com/@GoMagic

3 Likes

Congrats!
Nice to see how your fanbase is growing!

1 Like

Take Ko, Find Threat, Repeat :arrows_counterclockwise:

New Go Magic video! Ko is one of the most unpredictable things in Go, but it’s time we explore it and learn the basics of playing it. :jigsaw:

:eyes: Watch now:

2 Likes

Let It End Well :jigsaw:

New Go Magic video! The game is close to an end but you still need to finish it properly. Let’s find a way out of a maze and count the score together. :muscle:

1 Like

We’ve officially joined LinkedIn to merge the world of Go with business opportunities. :briefcase: Connect with us, and let’s grow Go together!

:handshake: Go Magic | LinkedIn

2 Likes

League Mentors, Emoji Artists and Other News

Hey there, magicians! We’ve got a lot of news for you this time. :sweat_smile:

First of all, the 2nd season of Go Magic League is over. We’re now calculating the results and preparing an event in our Discord server. Stay tuned! :wink:

1. The third season of Go Magic League starts early November. And for this season we’ve come up with the idea of League Mentors — single-digit kyus who will be assigned to one or two double-digit kyu players. Mentors will review the students’ League games and help them grow. :muscle: Are you interested? If so, fill out this form https://forms.gle/h3yqvoZCnk8TMQni7

2. Another monthly tournament is coming right up! The Experimental Tournament is starting on November 1st! It will be held on OGS automatically. :nerd_face: Time settings: 7 days absolute, 14 days for the whole game. McMahon, 4 rounds. You can arrange with your opponent when to play several moves in a row. Winners will be rewarded with Go Magic courses and memberships. Register at Experimental Tournament and enjoy your games, magicians! :blue_heart:

3. Open call for artists! We’re looking for people who wish to draw emojis for the Go Magic Discord server. We have some ideas in mind, but we’ll be open to yours! :crystal_ball: The artist, whose emojis are added to our pack, will be rewarded with a GoMagic subscription and real money. If you’re interested, fill out this form https://forms.gle/fvRmcobmp1uniAuD9

More wonderful news is coming in the future! Meanwhile, join our Discord at Go Magic and enjoy playing Go, magicians! :sparkles:

2 Likes

Let’s Review It All :face_with_monocle:

New Go Magic video! Let’s jump right into the whirlwind of a Go duel between two skilled players from OGS and put all of our knowledge from the previous lessons to the test. :brain:

2 Likes

Go Magic League Season 2 Results✨

Season 2 is over and we have our winners:
:1st_place_medal: Shaoyang Qu
:2nd_place_medal: Nguyễn Hoàng
:3rd_place_medal: Minh Vo

We also have Award winners:
:dragon:Lauren Hindmarch, who killed a 60 stone dragon,
:astonished:Cassandra McGuire with a 153 point blunder,
:dagger:Terri Schurter, who won a game by 0.5 points!

:point_right:‍ View Season 2 results at Go Magic League

We can’t wait to see you in Season 3 which starts November 13. The League is free and all winners will be awarded with Go Magic courses and memberships! :trophy:

:point_right:‍ Register till November 11 at Leago

4 Likes

Are You Tired of Go? :thinking:

New Go Magic video! The Go Magic team carefully studied the coolest Go variants, and now proudly presents the result. Try playing these if you want to take a short break from regular Go. :video_game:

3 Likes

Mike and Vadim both moved to Vietnam and are now getting ready for some massive course filming. Help us decide which course comes first?

Vote here :point_down:

1. Shapes in Go

Good and bad shapes, what they do, their strengths and weaknesses — all that with many examples.

1. Game Reviews With Vinegar and Salt

We are planning a series of courses for different levels. Comprehensive game breakdown focusing on every aspect of Go.

1. Golden Rules of Go

You will see a plaque with these principles in every Go school in China. Let’s examine them and learn how you can use them in your games.

1. Middlegame Basics

Middlegame in Go is the hardest stage of the game. This course will make it more accessible, simple and pleasant.

1. Tesuji Cookbook

This is another series of courses. We will discover different kinds of tesuji and learn how to use them and how to find them at the right moment.

4 Likes

Go Fundamentals on 13x13 Remake :clapper:

:new: The updated version of our classic course for beginners is already on our platform!

:point_right: The Fundamentals of Go on 13×13

:brain: We really love to help beginners make their first steps in Go. That’s why we’ve pooled all our knowledge and efforts to craft what we believe is the best course for beginners available online. Expect more quizzes, enhanced interactive elements, more polished editing, and crystal-clear 4K quality!

:gem: You can access the course with a Silver subscription, or purchase it using GM coins — which you can earn by completing quizzes. Plus, we’ve made all the videos from the course available for free on our YouTube channel!

:desktop_computer: If you haven’t seen it — now is a good time!

1 Like

Go-Unrelated Games on a Go Board: Pente, Gomoku, Renju, Chapayev :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

New Go Magic video: different games you can play with a Go set. The more you play Go, the more your mind get fixated on the same shapes and patterns. These games, though, provide you an entirely different perspective! :open_mouth:

:eyes: Dive into the games now!

#gogame #weiqi #baduk #gomagic_news

Black Friday and Anton’s Birthday! :tada:

Hey there, magicians! In the spirit of Black Friday, we’ve got a special sale for you. But that’s not all — today is also the birthday of Anton Proskurin, the main developer and the creator of Go Magic! :rocket:

Let’s take a moment to celebrate Anton. He’s been a Go player since 2005, currently holding a 2 dan rating. His journey in Go education began in 2015 when he opened his first Go school. In 2018, his vision for Go Magic took shape, and with the help of a growing team, it became what you see today!

To honor this special day, we’re offering a promo code: ANTON33. Use it to get a 33% discount on any purchase until Monday. :money_with_wings:

Happy birthday, Anton! :birthday:

P.S. You can read more about the story of Go Magic at Go Magic — Secrets Behind the Magic – Go Magic :star2:

2 Likes

A New Introduction to Go: How to Make It Even Better?

We’ve created a brief introduction to the game of Go. We want to make Go more popular in the West, so we gathered all our knowledge to make, what we think, the simplest introduction on the Internet. :fire:

:cherry_blossom: Go Game: Introduction to the Classic Board Game

We would love to hear your opinion on how this page could be made better! Please share with us in the comments. If you like this page as it is, share it with your friends, so they can dive into Go. :relieved:

2 Likes

‘This doesn’t seem right. Try again.’

If I click again I place a white stone. I have to click the reset button first before retrying. Well, obvious to me of cousre, but maybe not to someone seeing an interactive go board for the very first time?

If every possible chess position was a single grain of sand, Go complexity would be comparable to the entire Sahara Desert.

Chess???

Edit: I forgot to say: I like it!

The Course on Kajiwara Takeo Is Released! :star2:

:cherry_blossom: Kajiwara Takeo: The Giant Who Made Titans

:exploding_head: What if we told you there was a player so original, with a style so insane, that to see his games, is to stare into the truth of Go itself? The Go legend who was not well known to the public before. This is the story of Kajiwara Takeo.

:flower_playing_cards: The author of the course, Matthew McKee, is a Go enthusiast most interested and knowledgeable in the area of Japanese Go history. Currently living in Japan, by profession he is a college educated archaeologist and a writer, with one novel published. Matthew is a fan of Kajiwara Takeo and gathered all his knowledge to make almost 5 hours of captivating content.

3 Likes

I do not spend money of courses or tutors unless I’ve reached the absolute end of what I can do by studying books, trying things out myself and having fun on the board. That is my stubborn style, but I think that I might make an exception for a course on Takeo Kajiwara. His book “The direction or play” is phenomenal and he seems like a person that is totally worth spending money to learn more for and from. :slight_smile:

I’ll bookmark this and once work clears out around Christmas, I’ll give it a shot. Thank you for making this.

1 Like

Modern AI vs Kajiwara :robot:

New Go Magic video! :tv: Kajiwara Takeo was known for his experimental playing style. How could any of that be in accordance with the modern joseki and AI ideas? :thinking: Let’s explore this.

2 Likes

Probing Moves for Kyu Players :jigsaw:

New Go Magic video! :tv: How to use probing moves to ask your opponent difficult questions and how to build a strategy around their answers? Let’s find out in the video!

3 Likes

Let’s add some Go Magic holiday cheer! :christmas_tree: Decorate your Christmas tree, grab a cup of hot chocolate with marshmallows, and use the code — MAGIC2024 — to get a 24% discount on anything you see on our platform, including the new gift certificates! :gift:

Happy holidays! :star2:

P.S. The code is valid till January 7, 2024. :spiral_calendar:

P.P.S. Remember that you can extend your premium membership in advance while the code is valid. :wink:

2 Likes