Go Memes Pedantry

Wrong way round! “us” is the singular, like radius and radii, cactus and cacti :laughing: So joseki is the plural and is not pronounced “jo-sek-ee” as most people say, but “jo-sek-eye” :rofl: So: “I used a josekus, one the the many joseki I had learned” :grin:

4 Likes

Or joseki could be it’s own plural, like moose.

4 Likes

Yeah let’s finally usr the correct singular forms:

Atarus
Nobus
Fusekus
Damezumarus
Tobus

10 Likes

8 Likes

Getting some deja vu:

6 Likes

Tesujus

3 Likes

If a meme is made about the number 3333 should it comprise four 33 invasions or only two? Surely 4 33s is 33333333, isn’t it?

3 Likes

Well either @Vsotvep was counting diagonally for each corner or wasn’t patient enough to wait for post 33333333 !

1 Like

I’m patient enough, I’ll make the joke again at 33333333.

9 Likes
  1. Suicide (in the sense of actual self-capture) is possible in other rules sets as well, such as Tromp Taylor.
  2. Suicide, in a broader conceptual sense, is still possible under any rules set. For example, filling in your own eyes to give your opponent the opportunity to capture a group that should have lived could be called “suicide”
4 Likes

White has played another stone on the star point in the corner, but that is blocked by the text. I should have put that one in another of the corners.

Not the first time that I made the same joke

1 Like

No one would mistake me for a snowflake, but this is a vile display of bad taste, especially after the Charleston church shooting.

1 Like

The one that happened SIX years ago? Or has there been another one?
Of all the moderators, both past and present, I would have thought this represented you more than most actually :sweat_smile:

Meme is meme, no vileness detected from my POV.

1 Like

You thought wrong.

The date of the shooting is irrelevant; it is now a fact of the modern world. That meme exploits, disrespects, and trivializes the Charleston shooting, other church shootings (I remember two others off the top of my head), and indeed, all illegal shootings. The same idea could have been expressed without doing this, such as by showing a small fish being swallowed by a bigger fish, etc.

From my POV, it is offensive to see OGS participate in the normalization and acceptance of such events, thereby contributing to the decadence of our civilization.

2 Likes

TBH, it just looked like a meme based on a movie to me. It’s a scene from most modern action films - could be Bourne or whatever the latest is. I didn’t think of “Charleston” - I’m only even dimly aware of what that is, it has receded into the mist of daily US shootings.

Posting a meme with people pointing guns at each other isn’t what normalises this. Having regular shootings is what does that.

13 Likes

But does this not trivialize and offend those who have been attacked by fish?

7 Likes

Anyhow, the meme isn’t about “just a bigger fish”. It is about a superpowered moderator hidden in the shadows with a sniper gun hunting down AI cheats.

4 Likes

went to find the meme context:

I would feel differently about a meme actually using an image from a church shooting, but I agree this seems like typical movie/TV stuff

11 Likes

My goodness yes! If there was any idea that this was actual footage, or even a representation of a church shooting, them that’s totally different. This is an action movie scene.

5 Likes

Sarcasm not recognized by me. If you want to argue, please do so honestly.

1 Like