Go Memes Pedantry

Well technically it’s more of a clique than a gang. See, gang has a connotation not only of being a group, but also participate in borderline or outright illegal activities. Pedantry is frowned upon and while its legitimacy is open to debate, its legality is observable in t–

10 Likes

BONK

go to pedantry jail.

5 Likes

Yeah, maybe “gang” doesn’t have the right ring to it. It’s really more of a cabal.

4 Likes

I’d say all the options mentioned until now are groups that are canonically mutually exclusive.

Since the groups we are referring to are usually overlapping, we should probably find a more suitable description.

3 Likes

Cabal (from Qabalah/Kabbalah) refers originally to Abrahamic mysticism and Jewish heritage, so referring to an in-group (often with nefarious undertones) as such tends to lend itself to misrepresentations, that and the historically unhappy connotations of doing so. I suggest we say create a pack name, such as parliament of owls or murder of crows. How about a euphuism of pedants? It’s too formal for my spell-checker to even know, thus perfect.

4 Likes

Den of OGS (pron. Ogues like rogues)

6 Likes

https://forums.online-go.com/t/go-memes/4337/2269?u=prosody

But if you pronounce it Oh-Gee-Ess, it’s a stone of OGSes. Because English is contrary.
OGS also hosts a croc of trolls, a meta of bots (^^), and a newfound abundance of dan players yaaayyy

2 Likes

What about Crew? Like Meme Crew, Linguist Crew, Werewolf Crew etc?

Crews can be in numerous projects and they create things, I mean they have an active role, it’s not just a title or a membership. (And memes are art, I said what I said).

5 Likes

clowder! :cat2: :cat2: :cat2:

Funnily enough, the original word was clutter: a clutter of cats.

Because they clutter up your house, I guess, tripping people at the top of staircases and so on.

3 Likes

Dog person :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

looks for most x-treme font

WOLF PACK

4 Likes

IIIIIII’m a member of the midnight crew ♪
IIIIIII’m a night-owl and a wise bird too ♫
Home with the milk in the mooooorning ♪
Singing the same old song (same old song) ♫

Oh wait we’re on go memes uh…
So what’s the deal with airline food Go? *laughtrack*

6 Likes

team—: as in teambuilding

1 Like

If anyone says “Team Jacob” I’m calling a timeout.

2 Likes

You’re the only one that said it…

2 Likes

well time out

2 Likes

And it was a breath of fresh air, a wave of creativity, it brought thread to new heights, it unleashed powers of meme unseen until now.
I would change my handle to Muse if I didn’t like NPC so much.

1 Like

1 Like

Do I now get my pedantry badge?

5 Likes

Isn’t it technically well loading?

3 Likes