Go Memes Pedantry

Well technically it’s more of a clique than a gang. See, gang has a connotation not only of being a group, but also participate in borderline or outright illegal activities. Pedantry is frowned upon and while its legitimacy is open to debate, its legality is observable in t–

9 Likes

BONK

go to pedantry jail.

4 Likes

Yeah, maybe “gang” doesn’t have the right ring to it. It’s really more of a cabal.

4 Likes

I’d say all the options mentioned until now are groups that are canonically mutually exclusive.

Since the groups we are referring to are usually overlapping, we should probably find a more suitable description.

3 Likes

Cabal (from Qabalah/Kabbalah) refers originally to Abrahamic mysticism and Jewish heritage, so referring to an in-group (often with nefarious undertones) as such tends to lend itself to misrepresentations, that and the historically unhappy connotations of doing so. I suggest we say create a pack name, such as parliament of owls or murder of crows. How about a euphuism of pedants? It’s too formal for my spell-checker to even know, thus perfect.

3 Likes

Den of OGS (pron. Ogues like rogues)

5 Likes

https://forums.online-go.com/t/go-memes/4337/2269?u=prosody

But if you pronounce it Oh-Gee-Ess, it’s a stone of OGSes. Because English is contrary.
OGS also hosts a croc of trolls, a meta of bots (^^), and a newfound abundance of dan players yaaayyy

1 Like

What about Crew? Like Meme Crew, Linguist Crew, Werewolf Crew etc?

Crews can be in numerous projects and they create things, I mean they have an active role, it’s not just a title or a membership. (And memes are art, I said what I said).

5 Likes

clowder! :cat2: :cat2: :cat2:

Funnily enough, the original word was clutter: a clutter of cats.

Because they clutter up your house, I guess, tripping people at the top of staircases and so on.

3 Likes

Dog person :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

looks for most x-treme font

WOLF PACK

4 Likes

IIIIIII’m a member of the midnight crew ♪
IIIIIII’m a night-owl and a wise bird too ♫
Home with the milk in the mooooorning ♪
Singing the same old song (same old song) ♫

Oh wait we’re on go memes uh…
So what’s the deal with airline food Go? *laughtrack*

5 Likes

team—: as in teambuilding

1 Like

If anyone says “Team Jacob” I’m calling a timeout.

2 Likes

You’re the only one that said it…

2 Likes

well time out

2 Likes

And it was a breath of fresh air, a wave of creativity, it brought thread to new heights, it unleashed powers of meme unseen until now.
I would change my handle to Muse if I didn’t like NPC so much.

1 Like

1 Like

Do I now get my pedantry badge?

4 Likes

Isn’t it technically well loading?

3 Likes