Go Memes Pedantry

Emh, what does “biscotti” mean in English?
I tried searching (quickly) and can’t find anything other than “cookies/biscuits”.

1 Like

Apparently what we call “biscotti” are biscotti di Prato or cantuccini:

3 Likes

Thanks, I have to admit that getting to wikipedia in English should not have been difficult :sweat_smile:

I don’t blame you for not thinking to look up an Italian word in English Wikipedia!

Also Wikipedia is great for translation of terms like this. You can click at the top to get to the Italian version of that page:

Whereas if you ask Google how to say biscotti in Italian it’s not very helpful.

(Someone should move this to the appropriate other thread!)

I assume and hope that’s what you were referring to :slight_smile:

1 Like

So what should I say about “confetti”???

:rofl:

1 Like

immagine
Obviously these are confetti, English speakers are wrong :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Do you refer to edible confetti or party confetti?
:innocent:

1 Like

Multi color go?

Confetto - Wikipedia, in English Dragée - Wikipedia, but I wouldn’t call “confetti” the ones in the second link’s images.

1 Like
1 Like

According to some philosophies, everything is politics, so all the threads would have to be automatically muted.

Edit: This was the meme I was commenting on (the link given by someone else below does not work properly):

Right next to each other on Baduk Doctor’s profile.

On the topic of political threads, I’d like them to be confined to a Politics category, so we can just mute that.

Although I find that people who post political views generally insist that they aren’t political. – “WTF? Ukraine / “Pride” flag / whatever is not political!!”

Who’s going to decide what is political and what isn’t, though?

I also believe political topics are scarce enough that they don’t require a specific category.

3 Likes

Anyone who doesn’t want non-strictly Go threads can always mute general chat.

4 Likes

Why a meme about this? Isn’t this how it’s always done? :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

2 Likes

I’m really not gonna get involved in so-called “political” threads (or discussions) just right now.

However, there’s a special place in pedantry hell for those who put the No symbol behind what they want to oppose :face_with_monocle:.

Edit: Apparently I’m automatically not allowed to quote from a different thread?

I know there is such a place in hell. It is next to place where the humourless people go.
So I guess we will meet again :innocent:

What stones can jump?