Go Memes Pedantry

immagine
Obviously these are confetti, English speakers are wrong :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Do you refer to edible confetti or party confetti?
:innocent:

1 Like

Multi color go?

Confetto - Wikipedia, in English Dragée - Wikipedia, but I wouldn’t call “confetti” the ones in the second link’s images.

1 Like
1 Like

According to some philosophies, everything is politics, so all the threads would have to be automatically muted.

Edit: This was the meme I was commenting on (the link given by someone else below does not work properly):

Right next to each other on Baduk Doctor’s profile.

On the topic of political threads, I’d like them to be confined to a Politics category, so we can just mute that.

Although I find that people who post political views generally insist that they aren’t political. – “WTF? Ukraine / “Pride” flag / whatever is not political!!”

Who’s going to decide what is political and what isn’t, though?

I also believe political topics are scarce enough that they don’t require a specific category.

3 Likes

Anyone who doesn’t want non-strictly Go threads can always mute general chat.

4 Likes

Why a meme about this? Isn’t this how it’s always done? :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

2 Likes

I’m really not gonna get involved in so-called “political” threads (or discussions) just right now.

However, there’s a special place in pedantry hell for those who put the No symbol behind what they want to oppose :face_with_monocle:.

Edit: Apparently I’m automatically not allowed to quote from a different thread?

I know there is such a place in hell. It is next to place where the humourless people go.
So I guess we will meet again :innocent:

What stones can jump?

Checkers pawns can jump! :smile:

1 Like

Chinese checkers stones can jump.

1 Like

Chinese checkers is played with pegs, pieces, or marbles. I couldn’t find an example of chinese checkers stones… same with draughts (checkers).

1 Like

Chinese checkers marbles are made of glass, and as you know, some go “stones” are made of glass, but are called “stones” nonetheless.

Edit: Indeed, glass is made of silica, a mineral constituent that takes the forms of sand and quartz. Glass is also listed in the Dictionary of Geological Terms (AGI, 1957). Consequently, the use of “stone” is entirely appropriate.

2 Likes

I was going to provide an example of checkers pawns made of marble but then I got caught in a loop from pawns to marble then marbles then pegs then…

Why… why do you call glass spheres “marbles”???
What would you call marble cubes? Bananas??? :rofl:

1 Like

Jump, skip…are more or less the same no?

Also…
jade

:slight_smile:

And now I recall Dad teaching me to skim stones when I was a kid. I’d forgotten that!

3 Likes