Go Memes! 🧐

It looks rather similar to an outline of North Carolina.

10 Likes

Yeah, probably picked the wrong size of stones.

This would’ve been my guess, but you beat me to it :stuck_out_tongue:

After layering them on top of each other, I’m pretty sure it is an outline of North Carolina:

14 Likes

Cool trick, sadly not applicable for island nations. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

16 Likes

Why not?

another reference

Random Gaps + Pie Rule - #187 by yebellz

2 Likes

I have no idea what’s going on in that other thread :stuck_out_tongue: , but our map is like this

I know there are much worse cases than this on the map, where every separate goban part would be a ponnuki, at most :-P.

(maybe not island nation, anyway if the term is wrong that’s what I meant :woman_shrugging: )

2 Likes

I would “like” your post if I could, but it seems like I ran out of daily “likes” due to the publication of the detective go kibitz thread :confused:

3 Likes

Feel free to substitute with your own preferred ranks/rank ranges!

5av9dd

5ava7n

5ava52

19 Likes

Can you make a go board out of this?

5avd46

6 Likes

No, I posted it as an example that wouldn’t work.

1 Like

9 Likes

5avsfn

1 Like

3 Likes

Isn’t it 5.5?

et. al.

3 Likes

15 Likes

My point earlier was that less experienced players playing as black will not be able to fully capitalize on the first-play advantage like a very experienced player can. Should two 20kyus use the same komi as two 3-dans? Is the purpose of komi to “level the playing field” for theoretical perfect play, or “level the playing field” for real-world play?

8 Likes

This point has been discussed extensively in one of the threads about komi. Koba (IIRC) and I have both talked about it

1 Like