Go Memes! šŸ§

Reading vs Reading.

Nitpick

you have to imagine the second one being a visualisation of reading, hence the faint stones.

5 Likes

19 Likes

21 Likes

14 Likes

Not sure if this belongs here but here it is:

8 Likes

My girlfriend made the cookies in the top-left corner last year. Delicious.

For the last one, in Chinese rules though (at least on OGS) white gets a point for each handicap stone to balance out the fact that each stone is a point for the opponent as well as the handicap of having the stones. So in case that it shouldnā€™t really matter which rules are used. Iā€™m not sure if thatā€™s standard practice though across other servers is it? I couldnā€™t find it written down at least from a quick search.

Edit:
KGS does it too though: KGS: Rules Sets

The white player is given one point extra komi for every handicap stone that Black gets at the start of the game. Free placement of Handicap Stones is used.

2 Likes

Details

It was a 7 stone handicap with 6.0 komi for White (auto set up by the rating difference), so the game is already over with W+11, but still, that first line move.

17 Likes

the shin jinseo tesuji

4 Likes

Wait until they close their eyes.

7 Likes

Remember that you need three eyes to be sure to stay alive! :wink:

4 Likes

It seems handicap isnā€™t even mentioned in the official Chinese tournament ruleset (or at least I could only check the translation)ā€¦

In AGA rules there is explicitly mentioned to be no compensation, as komi is 0.5 for handicap games, in case that the players use territory counting to determine the score, and to be a point compensation for each handicap stone, in case that the players use area counting to determine the score (since these are equivalent in AGA rules, due to the white passing stone at the end).

I donā€™t believe Ing rules mentions anything about compensation per handicap stone.

NZ rules explicitly state that there is 0 komi in handicap games.

1 Like

At least all of you are alive.

2 Likes

8 Likes

Woow are you sure? There are many similar cookies out there. If it really is, than world is really small :slight_smile: l literally saw this on one cooking page on facebook that l follow.
Letā€™s have a game sometime :slight_smile:

1 Like

12 Likes

6 Likes

shinuitoRĆ©gulier (Bart Simpsonā€™s Kata Go board): Can someone please explain? Iā€™m only 14k and I donā€™t get the joke.

did we have this one?

The answer to the ultimate questionā€¦ of life, the universe, and everything isā€¦
4-2

Iā€™m thinking it would be useful to transcribe memes for better searchability

15 Likes

And/or add your faves here: Go memes index (I admit when I created that I didnā€™t think of just transcribing in the meme post and searching!)

3 Likes