Go Memes! 🧐

Silence, fiend!

That stupid virus thread is hot on our heals, I refuse to have our glorious meme thread outdone by a bug chat!

…further, single meme per post format allows viewers to like specifically the memes they wish, whereas if many memes are in one post they must decide whether ‘all’ get a like, or none.

from Imgflip Meme Generator
better add a meme to appease Eugene

14 Likes

Idk imgflip wanted me to make this

2 Likes

This one is wonderful >w<

count

(OK, arguably a key group has three liberties, but we’re talking about the numbers here, right??)

4 Likes

The fact that White has to fill at 1-3 before playing the 1-1 atari makes that 1-3 point a “crypto-liberty”.

I suppose it’s very humorous to think of the Count counting crypt-o-liberties :slight_smile:

7 Likes

this is just how you count liberties in L&D

effective liberties are much more important than literal liberties

1 Like

MostlyDead

16 Likes

TripleKo

18 Likes

well, kinda… It has 3 liberties if and only if b plays a move first to reduce one of the B3 group’s liberties, otherwise 3 then 2 makes it the expected 2 liberties

the reasoning for the 3 liberty count if b does this though, is that when it comes to semiai, we like to say “the group with more liberties wins”, with an even number of liberties winning a tie. Naturally most of the time this is true if you only count the empty spaces that we teach beginners are liberties, but in this case the b group has 2 of those, the w group has 3, but it’s still unsettled. So what a lot of books (and players) do is redefine liberties to be instead “the number of moves you need to capture” with a slight modification for if the opponent has responded (it’s actually very similar to “speed calculations” in shogi), in which case after b has reduced a liberty on the B3 group, the triangled group requires 3 moves to capture (at 1, 2, and 3 in that order), hence 3 liberties.

2 Likes

3 Likes

11 Likes

11 Likes

8 Likes

18 Likes

6 Likes

A. I don’t think memes are drowned, it’s very easy to spot them, they are maybe the same size and pics, I’d guess most people just scroll all of them.

B. I don’t think we need yet another rule on how and when to post, just let people be :wink:

5 Likes

Go books for advanced players https://fb.watch/40KXgHVi8t/

4 Likes

3 Likes