1 Like

9 Likes

4 Likes

from Imgflip Meme Generator

15 Likes

6 Likes

11 Likes

Go to the go memes pedantry thread for that :smiling_imp:

not meaning to be pedantic, just explaining how it makes sense for the 3 liberties count in the meme posted by entropy, and questioned by GaJ makes sense, it just happens to require a shift in definitions to make sense of, just like those semeai tesujis that “gain a liberty” despite never adding a new space to the group in question.

GameOfInsanity

DanCliffs

Cookie

Ironic that Fezzik should be the Pro in this case. :rofl:

11 Likes

16 Likes

Call it what you want, in effect, if black plays first, the white damezumari means black has the equivalent of an extra liberty by being unapproachable - it’s a pseudo-liberty, a virtual liberty, a technical liberty, a not-a-liberty-but-still-kinda… Define liberty as “moves needed for capture” and it may count :woman_shrugging:

I mean, at this point the argument is whether it’s a “virtual liberty” or a change in definitions, which is an argument too pedantic for my care. I was simply explaining a phenomenon.

@GreenAsJade :smirk:
Your deleted post can’t get past me :wink:

(Note that in the deleted version I was careful not to imply that crocrobot said that, which he did not. I’ll try to make a meme about that as soon as I can to replace these words :smiley: )

2 Likes

Editing another persons post so you can quote something they never said to better suit your own narrative… It’s very 2021 :wink:

4 Likes

Bit better @GreenAsJade ?

Charles&Di

14 Likes

On the contrary, I would say that generated A LOT of post-game commentary