Go Memes! 🧐

Was this inspired by Dwyrin’s game the other day, where he connected and died?

No. Any good timing of the meme is serendipitous. Have another one:

Cookie

20 Likes

(post deleted by author)

14 Likes
2 Likes

@b_runner

19 Likes

17 Likes

Inspired by @stone.defender’s previous meme …

5gj93y

Ein stein?

German: one stone.

10 Likes

In a go fight an eye de guerre is better as no eye.

3 Likes

Go Meme JPEG

The Proof *Under Pressure* by Frank Herbert, *Astounding Science Fiction*, November 1955 through January 1956
5 Likes

Alternative proof:

15 Likes

BGJ #139, 2006

21 Likes

Oh man, that one took me a while lmao

2 Likes

10 Likes

5gst8s

2 Likes

12 Likes

5 Likes

The British Go players’ synopses of their pandanet games used to be a source of much unintended hilarity for connoisseurs of Alan Partridge style reporting. Unfortunately these players have become somewhat more self-aware over the years.

Just for fun, here’s my version of a template synopsis from the golden era:

My professional opponent seemed unfamiliar with the latest thinking on the mini-chinese fuseki, and by move 25 I calculated i’d drawn ahead by komi. Whilst motoring even further ahead by about 15- 20 points in the middle-game, my usual complacency set in. My opponent made a last-ditch attempt to turn round a lost game by threatening to cut my large central group, and - fatally distracted - I temporarily forgot the 17 move sequence which I’d already read protected against the cut. Despondency then set in and I somehow managed to achieve the unlikely result on dying on both sides, and losing two secure corner groups.

A shame to lose a completely won game, but full credit must go to my opponent for not giving up and taking advantage of a silly mistake to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat.

– dust on L19

7 Likes

Did we have these ones already?

10 Likes

13 Likes