Go Memes! 🧐

11 Likes

2 Likes

Could see the video playing but not hear anything.

I think it’s just about the kid’s reaction, as if “me posting a challenge and forgetting to restrict opponent rank”. It’s not about the original context of the gif.

2 Likes

It is just a GIF without sound. The original, longer source video has audio and the context is a reporter interviewing kids on the first day of school. This particular clip went viral and captures the response of the child to the question of whether he will miss his mother, which he initially responds to with “no” and trying to laugh it off, but then breaks down into tears. The reporter received significant backlash due to this clip, which damaged her career in a way not seen since nineteen ninety eight, when the undertaker threw mankind off hell in a cell and plummeted sixteen feet through an announcer’s table.

2 Likes

A few years ago a famous French TV news presenter talked about video games called “MMMPORPG”, and became a meme because of that. Subsequently he disappeared from television for a whole year.

I can’t explain the extra M, but I’ve always found it weird that it’s MMORPG and not MMPORPG: somehow multiplayer is abbreviated as M and roleplaying is abbreviated as RP.

5 Likes

Little Bo Peep looks for her memes:

7 Likes

Role-playing is abbreviated as RP. Multiplayer is abbreviated as M. I see no inconsistency.

1 Like

You mean, it’s not weird that “player” / “playing” does get its own letter in abbreviating one, but not when abbreviating the other? Generally I know “multiplayer” to be abbreviated as MP when it’s used as a single term as well.

1 Like

8 Likes

15 Likes

6 Likes

8 Likes

Check my profile page yebellz

14 Likes

How I feel on every go move I make:

9 Likes

All that custom css, and you didn’t hack in a trophy??

10 Likes

Thinking intensifies

4 Likes

Massive (I hate MMMPORPGs, but)

1 Like

The *extra extra M. :stuck_out_tongue: