Go Memes! šŸ§

Like most of my memes, my last one was a bit sarcastic and insincere.

I think both chess and go are great games. I was even a real chess fiend during my errant youth, although Iā€™ve lost interest in chess these days.

5 Likes

28 Likes

I feel like this comic is a metaphor for my go playing style

Somehow I get things to work out sometimes, but my technique isnā€™t quite right, terribly inefficient, and leaves my head in a dizzy.

22 Likes

Letā€™s start a new meme thread, this topped out.

2 Likes

I thought it was immediately clear from teh crookid riting that it was self-ironic :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Forgive me for being thick, but I donā€™t get this:
Yeah, I recognize SpongeBob (though Iā€™ve only seen one or two episodes, and probably not even the whole episode(s)), but ā€¦ I donā€™t get it. Yeah, Iā€™m that blonde guy to whom you have to explain e-ve-ry joke :wink:

3 Likes

We, the humans, play shallow games such as Checkers, Chess and Go.

SpongeBob and Patrick, who are apparently gods, play this mind-blowing game: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PnUoTL_xtWI

5 Likes

when%20you%20depend%20to%20a%20low%20defenfing

14 Likes

I thought I could let it go, but I canā€™tā€¦
I donā€™t get it. :frowning:

3 Likes

Itā€™s a ā€œflying boatā€ (Sandringham). No wheels and that is a very real, hard runway.

So the plane is awesome but not ideal to the particular situation!

Bottom line though; If a joke or meme needs explaining then itā€™s a flop. :cry:

10 Likes

Absolutely not! Itā€™s art; a good meme makes us feel things, but some of us need a refined, sophisticated curator to open our mind to the complexities of beauty.

I feel educated. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

This sound exactly like my outlook as well. I really enjoyed chess when I was younger. When I found out about other abstract games, I began to love a great number of games and spread my time around.

Ever since I found Shogi, I donā€™t really even consider Chess a real option anymore. Ever since I found Go, I rarely play Shogi. But I think about it a great deal and keep pushing myself to make time for it :hugs:

Apparently I missed the point of the meme originally. I just thought the brain was MAXIMALLY STIMULATED by Spongebob in general :woozy_face:

3 Likes

Seems to be too big to compress into a thumbnail, woops :stuck_out_tongue:

16 Likes

I do not understand. Iā€™ve not played much 7x7 though. Perhaps this would be evident if I had. Sorry bugcat. Iā€™m too curious not to ask.

1 Like

I think itā€™s a corner.

If itā€™s 7x7 I missed even the basics.

1 Like

Iā€™m completely lost on this one.

1 Like

Havenā€™t you heard that go strength is directly related to wingspan? And pro players are secretly pterosaurs disguised as people.

2 Likes

Yeah. Even so. What does it mean?

1 Like

Iā€™ll open up myself to forum-wide slaughter, but I thought it was a joseki-based joke. Thatā€™s as far as I got. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Pigeon represents a sacrifice which is symbolic for this joseki.

1 Like