Go Pro Yeonwoo English YouTube Channel!

Yes, when the next generation ask us about this year we will only say “Yeonwoo made 2p”

5 Likes
4 Likes
7 Likes

Something was off and I couldn’t place it, it’s because she’s watching a dubbed version :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Anyone knows if everything’s alright with Yeonwoo? There has only been one new video this month, and apparently twitch is also empty…

3 Likes

I was actually wondering the same thing I noticed she uploads regularly (as I only just started watching her recently) but has been missing this month compared to others.

Edit: Ah actually (to clear concerns of worry for her health) she uploaded on her korean channel 2 days ago. Will probably continue on the english channel soon hopefully

3 Likes

Her korean channel is active.

4 Likes

Ah, good! Looks like she’s watching the entirety of Hikaru no Go :stuck_out_tongue:

Let’s hope she hasn’t abandoned making English videos, she’s my favourite go streamer so far.

7 Likes

I love her content, but I can’t fully enjoy it yet. In a few more ranks, maybe.

1 Like

Yep, same!

1 Like

I find Michael Redmond more informative, but Yeonwoo is certainly the most fun.

Those two are definitely my favourites.

2 Likes

I love go content creators that make the work they do also entertaining. As someone with a short attention span if its all learn and no fun then I just lose focus. Yeonwoo does really good at making her content entertaining with learning and she was clearly capable of this from the beginning. She is also one of my favorite content creators.

3 Likes

GAH! But he’s so dry and boring!! I can’t sit through more than about 5 seconds.

Yeonwoo is the best!!

Baduk Doctor also pretty good.

Nick Sibicky ok but too long (most > 1 hour)

Any others worth checking out?

4 Likes

Brady Daniels doesn’t upload anymore, but his “Brady’s Blunders” series is exquisite

I like dwyrin when it comes to not dry and entertaining but some people find him to be to insulting or rude. But, otherwise generally he makes a lot of jokes and funny comments and sometimes suffers from multiple personality disorder ;-). (Its probably a joke but he definitely looks like he has more then one personality when talking and arguing with himself).

Edit: and I can’t stand watching redmond either his facial expressions look like they are as solid as a professionals moyo

3 Likes

I think dwyrin has improved a lot in some of his jokes (probably listening to his supporters or generally being more mature as time goes by).
I like the personality that boils just below the surface of MR’s demeanor (I suspect he has the sense of dry humor that I appreciate), but he’s too advanced for me.

I actually didn’t like dwyrin in the old days (i.e back in 2010-2012) I don’t know if he was streaming back then but I remember his youtube content and I wasn’t a huge fan of it.

1 Like

I can compare to the first time I tried watching him (back when I decided to take up Go, 3ish years ago?) and recently. I don’t think I’ve watched something much older.

I’ve never felt the urge to see a Dwyrin stream or video.

“Supportive” comments I hear are always along the lines of “he’s rude and toxic, but…”

That doesn’t sell him to me.

6 Likes

I don’t find Redmond at all boring. He has a lot of charm, at least in my opinion, and the experience and confidence to make excellent detailed and accessible commentaries, with narrative, context, and analytical substance. His videos are relatively long but I find the time is used effectively.

Redmond’s Reviews, AlphaGo vs the World, and AlphaGo vs AlphaGo are classic series.

3 Likes