Go tattoo

I need you guys to find a good tattoo idea for a go player :slight_smile: (not for me but for a friend)

3 Likes

Oooooh, exciting! Boy? Girl? Big? Small? Simple? Detailed? Chest? Hand? Sleeve? Boob?

I dunno :smiley: something like this? Hard to do the white stone though I guess.

4 Likes

I imagine white stones would be a simple outline, something like this:

It would be kind of hard to do on black skin though.

2 Likes

Too many lines, they won’t hold up over time. Parallel lines are also kind of a bitch.

When I got the nuclear tesuji my tattoo artist flipped the board over to show the bottom instead of the top to avoid doing those lines.

6 Likes

You could also get a hand holding a stone, looked at from the very front, wide-shot like, with a lot of emphasis on the stone. Or a Hikaru no Go reference (if he watched the series, of course).

3 Likes

Maybe something as simple as this?

(of course not with shaded/striped stones but simply b/w)

4 Likes

E.g.

5 Likes

How about a go stones pattern spelling out her first name across her upper chest.

E.g.

Photo courtesy of http://www.surroundinggamemovie.com/en/

8 Likes

My actual tattoo:

@crocrobot You have a nuclear tesuji tattoo!? Woah! Pretty cool! Can we see?

6 Likes

How about just some basic shapes, where one could gradually add stones over the years to symbolize growth

An alternative

6 Likes

Lol what if someone actually had a game going

8 Likes

Removing stones/tattoos would be a bit painful, although maybe one could play Paper and Pencil Go.

Having a durable record would create a lot of pressure to perform well, which would further motivate careful consideration to avoid misclicks and undo requests.

8 Likes

:joy:

But when your tattoo artist misclicks, you have to deal with diverging records of the same game.

5 Likes