Go videos

1 Like

How to place the first stone.

3 Likes

Can we have this as stone placement animation in OGS? :smiley:

2 Likes

Or rather this: Start at 2:18. Sorry I can’t cut it down for you.

Complete with dramatic music please.

3 Likes
1 Like

Yeah, IIRC it has been proposed before that OGS should get “skins”, and perhaps even animations, for example for Nuclear Tesuji or for a slamming move. If such wouldn’t be forced on the opponent, it might be a nice idea.

<edit> Oops, sorry, hadn’t seen how much this thread had progressed meanwhile :roll_eyes: </edit>

5 Likes
5 Likes
3 Likes

Park vs Ke Jie and Ke Jie vs Shibano Toramaru TV broadcast (it’s a playlist, I think)
https://www.bilibili.com/video/av84454658/

Edit: I found this site to download videos in good quality from bilibili.

1 Like
5 Likes

Hoshiai Shiho (woman who called out moves on NHK back when we could watch reuploads) plays

Our game used as a parable of entropy:

The Misunderstood Nature of Entropy

Specifically at 5:36 in the video. I mean the history of entropy/thermodynamics/stat mech is interesting, but just if anyone wanted to skip to the go analogy.

2 Likes
8 Likes

I loved it, and that made me search for a video showing how black stones are made, but couldn’t find any. :frowning:

2 Likes

Some years ago I did the same search. I’m very sad that nobody cares about slate stones :frowning:

1 Like

Without Slate, S&S would just be S…

2 Likes

I would imagine that the black stones are shaped in a similar manner, grinding against a curved track, except that the original “blanks” are cut from slate instead of clam shells.

3 Likes