Go videos

We have topics for images of olden times, newer times, playing go pictures, but no topic for videos? Let’s collect all the interesting videos about go in one big topic!

I’ll start with a pretty old video.

Old Men Play Games Near Jongmyo Park

16 Likes

Good idea, here are the videos which were recommended to me earlier;

10 Likes

One Series I enjoyed for 9x9 with Xhu98 and Mark5000.
Informative as well as having some fun with it.

13 Likes

https://senseis.xmp.net/?YouTubeLectures
https://senseis.xmp.net/?ProGameReviewsOnYoutube

2 Likes

obligitory Cho Chikun “tea-suji” video

5 Likes

Wanted to cross post the dramatic ‘this is go’ video but I can’t find it :frowning:

Great thread, I want more videos here, especially about analyses Pro games.

7 Likes

Thank you @S_Alexander :heart:️:heart_eyes::heart:

3 Likes

Ahahahah :smile:
Lots of fun! :smiley:

3 Likes

Do you mean Play more Go?

6 Likes

He he, this is quite a big topic.
There are quite a lot of videos. Now we must decide which ones are interesting :slight_smile:

And a better way to collect them is the present the collections, I mean the channels where these videos are posted. I tried three years ago to make a list of channels, and got big enough. And since then appeared more.

Here is the list. Is a post, is not in English, but since links matters, is not a problem. Can be a start for a fresh and more complete list. Goul şi canalele Youtube. | Brăilago

2 Likes

OGS is strange

2 Likes

@koolbreeze
I do not saw nothing strange on OGS till this video.

The strange thing is that my tab crashes when I try to open the topic. Never happened till you added the video. I mean to crash while reading this topic. And it happens only in Firefox, both versions, regular and Nightly. But is ok if I open the video directly in Youtube. Since dwyrin had problems with his computer, I assume it was a bug or a virus that left some marks in the video, and firefox cannot handle them while is under OGS settings.

So yep, something is strange and I need to change my browser while answer to this topic.

2 Likes

In this clip from League of Legends is a Go sequence. There is anybody who knows more about it? There are more Online games that contains Go, but I will mention them in separate post, in dedicated threads.

3 Likes
4 Likes

Player almost plays out of order at 28m40s. This is really old, but a very interesting channel. Still familiar voices though.

3 Likes

Another piece of history. Looking at how many go projects failed, it’s surprising OGS survived.

2 Likes

I’m a bit confused. Was the Play More Go project considered a failure? It seems that they achieved their fundraising goal, and then there are four movie trailers (as shared above). Was it that some of the extra perks not delivered?

1 Like