Go World News

Guan Xin 6d continued his winning streak defeating Vjacheslav Kajmin 6d today. Chinese player had black. He chose a kind of novelty as his 7th move. And during this first joseki on the board Vjacheslav for some reason played E14 which got cut off by his opponent for free. I felt like the rest of the game was miserable for the Russian player. Bots showed some chances for comeback but still the whole game Vjacheslav played from behind. And Chinese player realized the advantage in the end.

Russia has only 3 players left. Don’t miss the final games.

2 Likes

Oh, Anton Chernykh lost too. Vjacheslav who played yesterday said that while he’s lost but Guan Xin didn’t seem that strong and he expected Anton to win. But Chinese players are just that good.

Funny, during the game Chinese player misclicked and there was an undo. But then Russian players misclicked and there was a second undo. Top level sportsmanship.

On the stream people joked that Russian players are good at fuseki and Chinese players are good at weiqi.

So only 2 Russian players left, both pros. Tomorrow we’ll see a veteran Alexander Dinershteyn 3p playing. He promised to show how to beat Chinese players. Alexander is famous for his unusual fuseki so the game should be very interesting.

Alexander

5 Likes

Alexander won, finally!

As usual with an interesting opening:

4 Likes

No words at this point.

3 Likes

The game we’ve all been waiting for. Board size for real pros.

11 Likes

A real winner would be someone with the highest number of simultaneous games and the highest turnover.

1 Like

I think he has like five active games against me.

Look, we got some real pro games going for once.

4 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Post mortem for Fan Yun Ruo 8p

Looks like a new promotional event for Nakamura Sumire

July 10-11, 17-18, 24-25, 31 and August 1st.

1 Like

http://chessrb.ru/news/?record_id=1675 (in Russian)

Genius idea to get chess players into go. Two stage chess tournament. In preliminary stage go is played. In final stage chess is played.

Kind of like chess boxing.

4 Likes

Snow Leopard company

I wonder if it was your “Go” google alert or your “leopard” google alert. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

What happens if Go players flood the tournament and beat all the ddk chess players before taking their turns seeing who hangs a piece first (or last) in the later rounds?

2 Likes

So apparently there is a dragon trophy when he reaches 1000 simultaneous games and he said it will also be in chat.Probably something very flexy (hopefully a adverb but I don’t think so).I guess there will be a huge dragon figure breathing out fire to celebrate it.Aalso I think you can earn that dragon trophy too so go ahead and challenge me and some others users a few times.
https://twitter.com/OnlineGoServer/status/1283940059700277248
He said he is really looking forward for it.I pmed him and these are his answers.Also he said thanks to me for challenging him a few times this morning.I didn’t really want to say too much sentences to him so here is it.

2 Likes

The 15th Korea Prime Minister Cup International Baduk Championship
http://kpmc.kbaduk.or.kr/eng/

It will take up the whole August. All on Tygem.

I can see Youngwoon Park (Baduk Doctor) from Hong Kong there. Stanisław Frejlak from Poland. Anton Chernykh from Russia. I don’t know anyone else unfortunately.

Amidimehr Maryam with declared 7d from Iran, exciting, right?

Curious anti-cheating rule: “If the cheating using AI got caught, the country that player is representing will not be able to participate future KPMCs anymore.” Yeeting the whole country, eh?

5 Likes

That does seem extreme, why not just disqualify the country for that particular tournament. The individually who cheated can be banned for longer.

1 Like

So spicy spy go just hit 1000 games (1003 games actually) and also changed his name to spicy dragon probably because of the dragon trophy.But I can’t really seem to find that trophy anywhere in his profile.He said that officials are probably figuring out how it looks .Not sure if it was just a fake OGS Twitter account though.As some people create fake accounts of famous (over 1000 followers accounts)

3 Likes

I think it’s a trophy especially for him (him being who he is and all), otherwise any random player would hit 1000 games for the trophy and then just dump them.

3 Likes

My only thought was that it was really a warning against officials for some “behind-the-scenes” pushing players to excel, not really to players themselves.

Or they are just using dynamite when a hammer would do.

I can’t find Android app for tygem (even better in English).

Anyone would have a link to share?

1 Like