Go Zendo

Nope, counter examples:

1 Like

A possibly silly guess.

Blacks groups need to touch white groups and have as many or more liberties than the ones they touch.

2 Likes

Nope:

1 Like

Can we see what happens if colors are inverted?

imageimageimage

2 Likes

Another counter example, apart from the second red one:

imageimage

2 Likes

All green, as well as the empty board (before that’s eventually asked).

I wonder if there will emerge some strategy like “first, we ask we for a single black stone, a single white stone, a blank board, and a full board” like you would start Hangman with E N I R S or whatever are the most common letters in your language.

3 Likes

I think to make things easier for guessing: any rule can be proposed, regardless if it does not work for the given boards, and the Master will have to provide two new counter examples to that rule (or one if the guess is a sub- or superset of the actual rule).

A group of boards.

1 Like

All red.

The first two green, the last two red.

1 Like

We just need to put a lot of boards into the thread at the start.

1 Like

@李建澔2, it’s honestly a bit tiresome to parse all your suggestions, when you’re not actually guessing any rules. It takes a bit of work for me to copy these and colour them, but I’m not sure what you’re trying to accomplish by just throwing a lot of random board positions at me.

Perhaps try and make your boards “themed”, or give us some idea of why you’re testing these boards. What kind of rule are you trying to discover?

This actually sometimes makes it harder to come up with accurate rules.

2 Likes

I am trying to discover rules about.

I am trying to see some black and white patterns , does capturing matter at this time and that can lead a bit closer to the rule.

1 Like

Ok, but you’re missing some of the base rules of the game:

In other words, captures is not one of the things that have to do with the rules. Only chains and liberties are things from actual Go that are used.

Furthermore, your third and your fifth board are just the same position, but rotated. Rotations and reflections do not matter either.

2 Likes

I did not even realize it , sorry.

1 Like

If you propose a rule, I’ll give you a counter example. How about that?

1 Like

Ok after I post my support thread though.Also can you make a link to this game in the top post?

1 Like

Hello, after guessing RubyMineshaft’s rule yesterdas, I went straight to bed. I would like to say that I had a lot of fun trying to solve the puzzle created by RubyMineshaft. It was difficult, yes, but that is part of the reason why I enjoyed it :slight_smile:

For the new game I notice there is a Koan that turns to red after a white stone is placed between two black stones. So I would like to ask about this Koan:
grafik

4 Likes

It’s green! :slight_smile:

1 Like