Go Zendo

Look at it like this: if there are no white stones, draw any line. If the rule was false, you should be able to find a white stone that’s not on the line, but you can’t. Therefore, the rule is true. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Oh I understand what you mean now.

I do not learn anything similar to this in my math lessons.

untitled

for the new rule

Not that I’m saying that Vsotvep should have done this for this game, but for future reference, you could make this rule easier by requiring the koans to contain at least one stone (or even three stones) of each color.

(Just reminding that each rule maker can decide their own set of “valid” koans)

3 Likes

Hang on, I don’t think we have a new game yet :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

well whenever it starts then.

I can make up a rule if you want. Which board size do you prefer?

I think a 5x5 board might be good for variety (and maybe make it a bit easier)

I think that’s up to you and your rule. =]

1 Like

Is there a way to change the board size in the tool you created?

and could you change the resolution of the saved image to something like 150x150?

Yes, go the the address bar and put https://rubymineshaft.github.io/ instead :sweat_smile:

A nifty little feature I added to my tool indeed :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I was working on something else for the next rule I create, so it’s a bit inconvenient for me to update my site right now unfortunately.

1 Like

Ok Here we go. This rule is invariant to rotation and mirroring.

Confirmed Structural Properties (Spoiler)
  1. There is no red Koan without black stones.

2. The rule uses the concepts of chains and liberties.

3. The rule could be applied to arbitrary graphs and is independent on the drawing of the graph.

4. The rule does not refer to shared liberties.

5. The rule cares about the number of stones in some way.

6. If a green Koan has at least one black stone, adding or removing a white stone always changes its color to red.

Koans that know Buddha-Nature:
grafik grafik grafik grafik grafik grafik grafik grafik grafik grafik grafik grafik grafik grafik grafik grafik grafik grafik grafik grafik
grafik grafik grafik grafik grafik grafik grafik
grafik grafik grafik

Koans that don’t know Buddha-Nature:
grafik grafik grafik grafik grafik grafik grafik grafik grafik grafik grafik grafik grafik grafik grafik grafik grafik grafik grafik grafik grafik grafik grafik grafik grafik grafik grafik grafik grafik grafik grafik grafik grafik grafik grafik grafik grafik grafik grafik grafik grafik grafik grafik grafik grafik grafik grafik grafik grafik grafik grafik grafik grafik grafik grafik grafik grafik grafik grafik grafik grafik grafik grafik grafik grafik

Solution (solved by le_4TC)

Every black chain needs to have the same number of liberties as the total number of white stones.

3 Likes

Guess: all stones are connected (by being adjacent)

1 Like

I meant to ask earlier, but I don’t think you were online at the time. Is your code repository hosted somewhere? I’d be happy to submit a pull request rather than hosting the edited code myself if you prefer.

1 Like

grafik

grafik

1 Like

The repository is hosted on GitHub, but I’ve never done anything collaborative on GitHub and I’m probably doing lots of things weirdly… Please feel free to continue building on your version of the tool, maybe I’ll learn how to use GitHub properly another day ^^

1 Like

imageimage