Go Zendo

Like I had written and posted the message, but then I saw that you had edited the original message I was responding to, so I edited mine to add a response… anyways it’s messy, let’s just forget about it :stuck_out_tongue:

So it is simatrical?

How about another game? :grinning:
I tried really hard to make this one simple, but I guess we’ll see.

For this game we are using a 7x7 board. I’d prefer if koans are created through this version of the koan tool, just to make marking red/green less tedious.

Green Koans

Koan_32imageKoan_46Koan_51Koan_60image

Red Koans

Koan_33imageKoan_40Koan_41imageimageKoan_47imageKoan_52imageKoan_59Koan_61imageimage

3 Likes

Do you want to give some properties for free (rotational symmetry etc), or let us work it all out ourselves?

In any case, I’ll start with this one:

1 Like

We do have rotational symmetry, but for now I can’t really think of any other freebies to give. I’m happy to respond to direct questions and guesses though.

1 Like

Guess: no white stones are directly adjacent to any black stones

1 Like

Here’s a counterexample:

1 Like

imageimage

1 Like

imageimage

1 Like

Rule guess: Every chain has an even number of liberties.

2 Likes

Counter examples:

Koan_46 Koan_47

3 Likes

As usual I’m interested in the color of the empty board:

Unbenannt

1 Like

Empty board is red.

1 Like

Rule guess: There are at least two black chains, and every white chain has exactly 6 liberties. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Counter attack:

Koan_51Koan_52

3 Likes

I’d like to try this Koan, which is a small variation from a revealed Koan:

Koan_53

1 Like

I’ll continue modyfing the same board:
imageimage

I’ll also ask about these two, modifying one of our few green boards:
Koan_51imageimage

2 Likes

Koan_59 Koan_60 Koan_61

3 Likes

Koans nr. 60 and 61 have different colors, yet the number of black / white stones is the same, and neither has adjacent stones.

This makes me think the rule has an element that is not about connectivity / chains / whether or not chains are adjacent to each other.

How about this Koan?
Koan_62

2 Likes

2 Likes