I wonder about
Koan_698

1 Like

I guess Green, but still not able to put a rule into words to test

1 Like

1 Like

Rule Guess: When my intuition says it looks pretty

5 Likes

Maybe something like: if one colors has less stones in the center, it doesn’t have less on the edge. But I just checked the existing koans briefly.

Koan_700

1 Like

1 Like

Koan_702

Koan_703

1 Like

image image

1 Like

Koan_706

(differs from 689 by one stone)

1 Like

1 Like

Maybe this is something: If there are more stones of one color on the 9 intersections in the center, then there are more stones of the other color on the whole board.

9 Likes

Kudos! <3

7 Likes

Whoah, I’m impressed that you guessed it!

5 Likes

:partying_face:

3 Likes

Well, technically, the actual rule used the word “colour”

4 Likes

What is the smallest central rectangle with side length at least 2? Wouldn’t that just be Tengen plus one adjacent point?

2 Likes

I realized later that “side length 2” was ambiguous. I basically meant 3 x 3, 2 x 3, or 2 x 2 intersections depending on board size.

(On a square board, a rectangle of tengen + 1 intersection wouldn’t be central, even if I had allowed for rectangles of 2 x 1 intersections. (In any case, only square koans with uneven side lengths were submitted.))

4 Likes

Can I be the universe for next round?

• Koans are valid go positions on any rectangular board
  • You can post koans or rule guesses; in the case of a wrong rule guess I will provide one or more counterexamples.

Green

Koan_711 Koan_725 Koan_728 Koan_733 Koan_740 Koan_741 image image

Red

Koan_713 Koan_715 Koan_716 Koan_724 Koan_723 Koan_722 Koan_727 Koan_734 Koan_742 image image Koan_744 Koan_746

Koan_729

6 Likes