Google Chrome keeps on notifying time to move

The title pretty much says it all.
I am playing only one game at this time. It is a correspondence game, and there is plenty of time for me to move. I keep on getting popup notifications (from the Chrome browser) that it is time to move. This seems to be a bug. As a workaround I would like to turn notifications for my turn to move off altogether, but I could not find a setting for this. Please help because it is quite annoying.

4 Likes

If you click on your name on the top right, you can choose Settings.
There under General Preferences you can toggle Desktop notifications.

2 Likes

I fixed some notification stuff the other day, it might have exposed some other bugs.

Do you happen to have a notification here:

or does it say No notifications like mine?

3 Likes

I have the 0 counts and not the ā€œno notificationsā€ message.
The message reads: your turn to move in game xxxx. It appears in the lower right hand corner. The message popped up twice, correction three times, correction four times, while I was replying here.

1 Like

Ok, for now I suggest disabling those notifications as @joachim suggested, Iā€™ll see if I can figure out whatā€™s going on.

I disabled desktop notifications, but it doesnā€™t help. Just got the same notifications over and over.

1 Like

Would it be possible for you to capture a screenshot of it for me?

I was about to add a screenshot. Here it is (cut out the relevant part).

2 Likes

Thanks Iā€™ll look into it

By the way, it is the same kind of notification that notifies me that you replied to this post.

1 Like

For the time being I have disabled notifications for ā€˜online-go.comā€™. Found this setting under the cookies settings for various site. Since then I didnā€™t get any ā€˜your turn to moveā€™ notifications.

1 Like

I agree. Iā€™ve seen it too. It doesnā€™t happen often. More often, I donā€™t get any notification at all that it is my turn. If a developer encounters this, perhaps it will get fixed.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.