Group name woes

Hello, I would like to create a room to help support our city go club during these times. (Well, honestly the club always needed help…)

Anyways, is it possible to get a mod to help create the group? The city name seems to be “Inappropriate” though I suspect it to be a type problem. Having the name directly connected to the local club would really help in supporting it.

Thanks

4 Likes

Yeah of course, just create a group with any old name and link it here, and let us know what name you want it to have and we’ll fix it up for you.

Sorry, our language filter can be a bit… creative… sometimes :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Awesome, thanks so much for the help.

Then, I made this: https://online-go.com/group/6435

Can you change it to “Eugene/Springfield Go Club”

4 Likes

Seems I can’t bypass it for group names either :stuck_out_tongue: but I’ve passed it along to our site dev and he’ll have it fixed up ASAP

5 Likes

Woo, thanks so much.

4 Likes

The reason the name is inappropriate is @Eugene. Moderator names are on the block list (because some trolls like to bother mods)

7 Likes

So, does this mean that OGS moderators are inappropriate by nature?

13 Likes

Ok you’re all set!

8 Likes

So now to troll a city go club all I have to do is work really hard and have an opportunity pop up to become a moderator and have my username the name of that city. Diabolical.

4 Likes

Then change your name to HKCGA as there are a lot of HKCGA groups (I am in like two of them) And yeah.(just a joke don’t take it seriously)

1 Like

Hong Kong Chinese Go Association?
Note: If you really want to troll groups, name yourself “Go”, “Kyu”, “SDK”, “Dan”, “OGS*”, “Handicap”, “Teaching”, or other common go terms.
*“OGS” is server-specific.
You could always go " " or “The”

3 Likes

Like the heads of the Honinbo house, you get to choose a “moderator name” when you are nominated.

To extoll the virtues of sportsmanship, I will henceforth be known as “Moderator good game”. I hope you like to play in silence.

PS: I am not a moderator, I just like names.

3 Likes