Guess rank game

Who else immediately checked https://online-go.com/game/1842341? (herbie vs Koba)

I think this is probably an SDK game.

Move 10 (the momentum cut) is not often a DDK move. White’s formation at the end, though, seems a bit subpar. Move 22 (the kick) looks strange since Black has a lot of space to live inside. Some white Moves like 38 and 40 look a bit odd or slow but that might be a consequence of the board size.

I’m going to be charitable and say

I’m going to say 1k

I think they were both one dan or there abouts.

It’s going up and up and up

I haven’t even looked at the game, but I’ll say 1 dan :joy:

@Lord_o_o_Spoon 1d
@BHydden 1d
@seminyoon11 1k
@Kaworu_Nagisa 2k
@RedAgent14 2k
@bugcat 3k
@Vsotvep 5k
Quite close this time

Summary

3k is the answer. Bugcat is too good!
https://online-go.com/game/19731302

2 Likes

We’re getting better at this

1 Like

This is the first time I’ve won for ages… (I’m bugcat, long story)

How do people re-create these games as actual games between unknown players rather than demo boards?

You can download the game as a .sgf, and open the file with a text editor. Then you have to remove some of the information that is stated there, such as date, url, game title, player names, chat log, and of course most importantly, the ranks.

2 Likes

Yeah it definitely messes things up if you forget to remve the ranks :smiley: (sigh).

1 Like

And then how do I upload the .sgf as a game?

In the menu on the main site, under “SGF Library”, there should be an upload button on that page.

1 Like

Thanks… let’s see, then. This was a correspondence game.

7k? I get the impression of lower-SDKs being a bit experimental.

From the impression i get. They have a firm grasp of the basics, but they dont seem to be able to read all that well, unless they frogot a load of stuff during the game. So im going to hesitatingly say something like 11Kyu?

What a weird opening… And both players keep playing tenuki all over the place. It reminds me of some of the weaker bots, they’re also playing Chinese, which makes that a likely thing.

I’m going to guess 5k.