Guess rank game

2 Likes

13 kyu

1 Like

Running back my 5 kyu guess.

1 Like

Don’t lose any sleep over it. Didn’t experience it as problematic.

3kyu?

2 Likes

1 Like

10.5 kyu OGS (trying to convert from my actual guess of 14 kyu EGF).

2 Likes

I’m going to interpret @gennan 's guess as 11k, meaning that 10k is still open.

1 Like

I like the specificity!

1 Like

Are fractional guesses not allowed?

1 Like

It’s not my game. If you want to guess fractionally then be my guest.

1 Like

everybody is guessing higher than me :frowning: am a bit afraid of the results, now.

1 Like

I think you’re pretty well-placed, actually.

I reckon they’re likelier to be 13k or less than SDK (but I am comfier on the 12k side than the 14k one.)

1 Like
Answer

@martin3141 wins (5k OGS both players).

Original

1 Like

Does 2m main time with 2x15s byoyomi qualify as live? Those time controls would feel quite blitzy to me and this game took only 16 minutes.

1 Like

In the game list of the player it was with that clock symbol of live game, next time I will check more carefully…

1 Like

Without meaning disrespect, the surprising thing to me is that White plays that way after having played over 10,000 19x19 games.

How can one play 10,000 games and still play (10) D17, or (14) Q19, or (40) Q9, or (52) O15?

Also, a lot of GRG seems to have become finding weak games from high-ranked players. I’d like to see more of strong games from low-ranked players instead.

1 Like

My guess is old habits resurfacing under time pressure.

1 Like

I was surprised by moves Black 183 (going after 2 stones instead of 8 stones) and Black 217 (not capturing 9 stones in atari).

2 Likes

Well we had a 3k a 8k and the winner a 5k guess.

I selected a 5k game to make the one before (KGS) a bit more interesting to compare.

Then I selected a live game a bit by luck which went to the counting and from players with more as a few games. I didn’t chose on purpose a game looking weaker as it should be.

I was a bit cheated by the categorization as live when it’s more like a blitz. So that can explain some surprises.

1 Like

Yes, mistakes like that made me think DDK. But severe time pressure is a good alternative explanation.

1 Like